• Show
Clear All

• a great bargain for someone buy of the year

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOOLROOM-LATHE...1%7C240%3A1318

one of these went for four K recently Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

wont be now !

now you've told the whole world about it

and ill bet a lot of people,maybe future members of my group are cursing you now.

it's not the first time you've done this Alistair !!!

i know the guy whos looking at this ..and he aint going to be pleased.

all the best.mark

Comment

Doesn't mean anything.
      It's not the price at 18 hours to go it's the price one second past the finishing time that matters.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Look I have a right to post what I like your friends mean nothing to me I am more interested in our friends here I will post what I like when I like your members can get lost. And I'll do it any time I feel like it maybe someone here might like it or maybe your after it yourself ? what I post is none of your business you have no right to tell people what they can post or not ebay is for everyone not your little elite group I hope someone here gets it and serves your right also not a bid on it were are all these so called bidders waiting to get it for nothing there not bidding are they? its a free world I told you that before
        Last edited by Alistair Hosie; 04-22-2009, 07:28 PM.

Comment

I hope someone here gets it and serves your right
          the someone here is also member of the group .

the someone here was also hoping to have a bargain .

the someone here maybe isn't a member of the group and was hoping no one had noticed.

the someone here isn't pleased that you told other someones heres

the other someones heres are not pleased that you told the someone here.

all the best.markj

Comment

I just hope the seller gets a fair price which he will only do if all potential buyers get to know about his offering.

Comment

Alistair is not telling a secret !!!

The advert for the lathe is on public view on the internet ALL OVER THE WORLD. Its not as if theres a little private deal going on in a small village and Alistair has informed mr Moneybags in the city and hes come down and outbid the potential purchaser because he does not like him. If the lathe were anywhere near me I would be interested, but I am too far away. My mum always said," If you cannot say something nice then keep quiet" maybe that would be a good thought for some posters. Regards David Powell

Comment

That is a lovely machine. Wish I was on your side of the pond. LOL.

Comment

the trouble with you is your paranoid you always have been you think everyone is out to cheat you Get it straight in your head Ebay is not for your little group of pals it's for everyone.I have a right to tell who I Like whether you like it or not. also I will continue to show people here bargains I see it's done here all the time by others you never tell them do you.I am tired of you telling me what I can and cant do I knew before I printed this you would blow a fuse.As john said there is eighteen hours to go everyone has a right to bid in that time your friends should not delude themselves as you do that know one is watching ebay millions are and if this goes for big money it's not down to me telling anyone here most of the guys here are in the good old uSA and wont want it anyone here who is not might bid why I might buy it myself if I want to so tough but get this clear stop telling me what I can and cannot say or print I will do as I please remember that in future your not the big boss.incidently were are those friends as I said they aint bidding.Alistair

Comment

Originally posted by David Powell
                    The advert for the lathe is on public view on the internet ALL OVER THE WORLD. Its not as if theres a little private deal going on in a small village and Alistair has informed mr Moneybags in the city and hes come down and outbid the potential purchaser because he does not like him. If the lathe were anywhere near me I would be interested, but I am too far away. My mum always said," If you cannot say something nice then keep quiet" maybe that would be a good thought for some posters. Regards David Powell

Quite right! eBay goes all the way around the world. There are few secrets on the internet anymore.

Thanks for posting it Allistair! I love to look at things like that.

{Psssst! Now if you can just find me a pristine 1948 BSA B31 (350cc) that I can afford. I had one when I was a mere child and I've never had another motorcycle I liked better. It was a British work of art.....But for Heaven's sake don't tell anyone! It'll just be between you and me and I'll pay you a finder's fee...... }

Comment

I mentioned my group as an example ..

I still say there will be people cursing

The only times i see ebay adverts mentioned here by others ..
                      are when they are finished
                      over priced
                      crap
                      something wrong with the listing

or the potential buyers are desperate for knowledge about a potential purchase...AND THERE ISN'T ANY OTHER WAY OF FINDING OUT.

unlike you .....ive not called people paranoid .

how about you put up all the stuff you are going to bid on ...and help the people here , if you like the guys here so much !

all the best.markj

Comment

Gnm Even if I found such a thing there are no guarantees as you know with ebay if you want it you need to bid thats for sure the most dissapointing thing and a sure fire r ecipe for disaster is to wait till the last few seconds and bid there will be many many people looking at that lathe with the same idea and only one will win why thje buyer may even pull it off if there are no reasonable prospects of selling it for the right some very soon.Alistair ps good luck with your searching

Comment

At the end of the day you must remember ebay is for evryone your friends arent bidding then it's fair to assume they arent interested are they.You are paranoid I say it again why don't you tell the guys about the time I wished you well when you went to a wedding and you insisted I remove the post in case anyone on the bbs broke into your house and I had to remove it to keep you happy even though it was crazy.Just stop telling me what to do and you and I will be fine I amn not here to serve you remember that I do as I please FuQQ your pals .I will continue to write whet I like if you dont like it then bear it quietly. and see the doc for some pills.

Comment

Alistair, I agree with Mark -- there's a Heisenberg effect when you post an Ebay or Craigslist ad here or on PM. There's such a small niche of people interested in manual machine tools, so you're pretty much guaranteed to bump the price by posting it.

And like John says, the starting bid amount is pretty meaningless - many bidders will program a snipe for the last 3 - 5 seconds...
                            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

lazlo agree with mark if you like I dont care but if the people mark is reffering to want to bid then they should bid there are no bids as we speak anyway if it goes for a cheap amount of money I will buy it myself maybe the problem is mark is after it himself and thats why hes so paranoid anyway he has no right to tell me what to print he does this all the time I do as I please if people dont like it then tough.if anyone programmes a snipe then everyone has had it or notas the case may be.As I said most people here are far too far away for to be interested and if they are near then I hope I have done them some good dont you lazlo want to help your friends here on this site?Alistair
                              Last edited by Alistair Hosie; 04-22-2009, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X