Book gloat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book gloat

Was out for dinner tonight and stopped in to the recycled books store. Once in a while you can find a gem there. Wasn't looking for it, but I saw Guy Lautard's name pop out and there sat book one of his bedside reader series for $25.00. That's better than Ebay or even new, so that's going to be my reading material tonight. I'm off to bed!

Nothing like a good book before bed. Congrats...

Comment

I have them all and they are great reading. These are the few books that I keep coming back to.

Comment

Nice find. My best book find to date was getting Machine Tool Reconditioning for $2 at a flea market. There's nothing quite like a $90 discount
        Stuart de Haro

Comment

Originally posted by hornluv
          Nice find. My best book find to date was getting Machine Tool Reconditioning for $2 at a flea market. There's nothing quite like a $90 discount
          You were still robbed
          It really needs renaming to Machine Tool Scraping and that's all it covers.

If you are reconditioning you need to know about feed screws and nuts, gear trains dare I mention bearings etc, this book doesn't cover them.

I bought one when they were on the RCM bulk buy at about $55 and I was very disappointed in it, to me reconditioning means just that.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Just picked up a Merchant Marine training book from 1936 and a "Shore Leave Guide, 1942" from an old chap for a buck each.

The Merchant Marine training book says "forth edition eighth printing" (I think, I don't have it with me) and has a block on a page explaining that due to war shortages no updates were included and that this is a direct reprinting of the 1936 edition, consult an experienced officer for the latest information.

I guess that means that despite the date of 1936 it was actually printed during WW2... heck if I know the date though.

Damn cool.
            This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
            Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
            Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

Working...
            X