This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American axle will not make axels in the USA

American Axle will not make axles in the USA. They are closing the plant for at least the summer, and maybe longer. They are transferring all work to their Mexican plants. So since they aren't making any axles in America any more. They will be putting upwards of 500 people on the street. According to the UAW release. Which AA denies.

Should they have to change their name to MEXICAN Axle And remember their biggest customer is GM. Which was part of GM before they sold it off! And does that mean all new GM cars will have a low rider and hopping option
    Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Originally posted by PTSideshow

Should they have to change their name to MEXICAN Axle
    Mexico is American as is Canada. We, on the other hand are in the United States of America. We are no more nor no less American in the US. These tasteless comments go along way toward making the US look very racist.

Comment

They could call them MexTex Axles or AmeraMex Axles or MexAmer Axles or Those Axles.
      It's only ink and paper

Comment

Originally posted by dp
        Mexico is American as is Canada. We, on the other hand are in the United States of America. We are no more nor no less American in the US. These tasteless comments go along way toward making the US look very racist.

I disagree. It's not racist to mention the word "Mexican". There is, however, something terrbly wrong with a company named American whatever that makes all of its products in Mexico.

Furthermore, Mexico is not as American as Canada - not by a long shot. The Canadian society is far different than that of Mexico. I can't imagine anyone even saying that. It's downright insulting and I'm not even a Canadian.

Comment

Originally posted by dp

Speak for yourself. When you say the word American, about 90% of the world thinks United States.

Comment

Americans are neither Mexican or Canadian. If you don't think so just go to Mexico or Canada and try to get a job like the Mexicans do when they come here. In Canada they may spit you across the border. In Mexico they may put you in prison on bread and water until you die.

America is the only country that treats illegal imigrants as if they are legal and give them more rights than the Americans have.
            It's only ink and paper

Comment

Originally posted by BillH
              Speak for yourself. When you say the word American, about 90% of the world thinks United States.
              They are mistaken.

Drawing lines in the sand at this point in human history is totally pointless.
              Gene

Comment

Originally posted by Carld
                Americans are neither Mexican or Canadian.
                Yes we are.
                Gene

Comment

There is no man. There is no country. There is no continent, that is a self sustaining island unto itself.
                  Gene

Comment

Well the latest on the news is they are shutting the doors to their largest plant here when the shut down begins at the auto plants in June. The local union guy said upwards of 600 people will be permanently out of jobs. And the per centage of American made parts in GM cars just went down again. So if GM builds their vehicles in other countries and then imports them in to the US. Are they still US cars. Like a lot of people are whining about American made products.

As to what you want to call the peoples of Mexico,Canada or the US. I personal don't care as there was nothing in my original post. Having anything to do with it what the peoples are called or racial statements.

Any racial connotations, were inferred by certain readers I guess. The point with the Government forcing Chrysler in to bankruptcy and a give away to Fiat. GM circling the toilet. the only US car or trucks will be Fords,Toyota's and Honda's for American made content in production.

The world as we have known it. is over!

Welcome to the NEW World order!
                    Glen
                    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
                    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
                    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

When I hear a person with an "across the pond" accent with a slight scottish burr to it I am very careful to refer to them as "North American" until I can find out if its New England or Canada... Canadians get a little uptight about being treated as though they are part of the U.S...

America is not just the U.S...

Derek

Lest we forget - Dieppe, the Atlantic, and the Seven Years war....

Comment

Don't sweat it. BO The Anointed One will simple fire the CEO, force them to take some govt. cash then "restructure" the company by giving 60% of the company to the UAW with the remainder being held by the Fed and a token amount help in "private" hands.

The UAW better watch out though. It's going to be tough to keep up the management/worker class warfare Bullsh*t when they in fact are management.

Originally posted by PTSideshow
                        They will be putting upwards of 500 people on the street. According to the UAW release. Which AA denies.
                        Brett Jones...

Comment

Sometimes I just think of Canada as unfinished business from that spat we had back in 1812.

Originally posted by derekm
                          Canadians get a little uptight about being treated as though they are part of the U.S...
                          Brett Jones...

Comment

The Times They Are A-Changin'

Come gather 'round people
                            Wherever you roam
                            And admit that the waters
                            Around you have grown
                            And accept it that soon
                            You'll be drenched to the bone.
                            If your time to you
                            Is worth savin'
                            Then you better start swimmin'
                            Or you'll sink like a stone
                            For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics
                            Who prophesize with your pen
                            And keep your eyes wide
                            The chance won't come again
                            And don't speak too soon
                            For the wheel's still in spin
                            And there's no tellin' who
                            That it's namin'.
                            For the loser now
                            Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen
                            Please heed the call
                            Don't stand in the doorway
                            Don't block up the hall
                            For he that gets hurt
                            Will be he who has stalled
                            There's a battle outside
                            And it is ragin'.
                            It'll soon shake your windows
                            And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
                            Throughout the land
                            And don't criticize
                            What you can't understand
                            Your sons and your daughters
                            Are beyond your command
                            Your old road is
                            Rapidly agin'.
                            Please get out of the new one
                            If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn
                            The curse it is cast
                            The slow one now
                            Will later be fast
                            As the present now
                            Will later be past
                            The order is
                            Rapidly fadin'.
                            And the first one now
                            Will later be last

Bob Dylan
                            Gene

Comment

I got a question-

What happened to the chinese company that was going to buy Ford's axle division?

I thought that Neapco, which is Wanxiang's US division, said they were going to actually build a NEW axle plant in Van Buren township, Mi.

Did that ever happen?

If it did, its kind of ironic that, while GM is moving jobs to Mexico, the Chinese are still making axles here in the good ol USA.

Comment

Working...
                              X