Enco May Free Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enco May Free Shipping

Get Free UPS Standard Ground Shipping* on your order of $25 or more.

This offer expires Wednesday, May 31, 2009 at 11:00pm EDT. Use Promo Code WBMYP9.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

any catch?

Thanks for the post, it sure makes stimulating the economy more fun. I do have a question though. Is there a restriction on price to weight ratios? I figure things like surface plates and arbor presses are in the 'loss leader' category at less than twenty bucks, but do they honor this code for big fat cheap things also? I won't name names or pass by a mirror anytime soon

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Thanks Lazlo.

The new Enco catalog prices are starting to look like they are moving in the MSC price structure to me. Don't think we'll find the same deals we did just a year ago. I'm still getting 30 and 40 percent off sale emails from MSC almost 3-4 times a week. Their marketing technique makes them look flat out desperate to me. Where were these offers a year ago?
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

MSC has cranked up its base prices so much, that 30-40% often isn't all that much of a deal. I keep an order open for McMaster Carr and when I really need something in the next day or so, pull the trigger on the whole lot. The last two or three times MSC offered one of their "super" deals I went through my McMaster list for the MSC equivalents. In most every case, it was a waste of time. MSC ended up as high or higher after accounting for all their exceptions, etc.

MSC does carry some stuff McMaster doesn't and vice versa. But MSC's search function stinks, their sales have many exceptions and, for me, the waste of time just isn't worth it. McMaster isn't cheap, but they're a better operation IMO. They also pass along great UPS shipping pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by FatWheels
          Thanks for the post, it sure makes stimulating the economy more fun. I do have a question though. Is there a restriction on price to weight ratios? I figure things like surface plates and arbor presses are in the 'loss leader' category at less than twenty bucks, but do they honor this code for big fat cheap things also? I won't name names or pass by a mirror anytime soon

Thanks,

Jim
          Good question. I think that they give free shipping on whatever they sell above $25. One of us should give them a call and find out.

I bought a couple of orders from them in March and saved about $20 on shipping on less than $70 of purchases. That's not too bad.

Many other companies now give free shipping with good prices on eBay. I just received my three phase converter today from a company in Arizona (about 70 pounds) with free shipping. Besides the free shipping, the price I paid is very competitive so it made for a happy deal.

Indiana Oxygen (IOC) has been sellng welders on eBay at excellent discounts with free shipping for years. I saved over $300 on my Lincoln SP175 Plus nearly four years ago and got free shipping.

Many of these companies have large open purchase orders with UPS so that they are keeping their shipping costs down and that's why they can do this. Free shipping is a great incentive to buy and it will become even more importan in the "Brave New World" of economics into which we now are headed.

Comment

I used the code from this thread just yesterday to order $31 worth of items (drill bits) and the code worked just fine. This is really neat because although I am not exactly a tightwad I really hate spending nearly as much for shipping as the merchandise total which can easily happen on these small orders.

Comment

Yesterday I ordered a bunch of drill rod along with some small stuff.
              An e-mail this morning notified me that 2 packages would ship from Reno.
              (The small stuff, plus all but one stick of 5/32" drill rod)

That single stick of 5/32" drill rod was shipping from Elkhart Indiana.

All shipped ...Freeeeeee....

Those split shipments would pulverize my budget if it were'nt for free shipping.

Reinhold

Comment

Working...
              X