Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAD program for moving linkages? Anyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not on the subject of software, but relating to the need to make something fold over 180°, take a look at the linkage on the bucket of a backhoe. It looks like they get that or maybe a little more by just adding another link between the hydraulic cylinder and the bucket attachment. I don't fully understand what the critical geometry is on this mechanism.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeseking
      Could you print off some scaled 2d prints of the linkages on 8-1/2 x 11 paper, cut out with scissors and straight pins or toothpicks for the pivots???? If the paper is too flimsy then transfer to cardboard or something.
      Cardboard
      Aided
      Design

Comment

Originally posted by Richard86
        *** My problem has been that the time it takes to find a CAD program and then try to learn it, I could have whatever built several times over. ***
        Rich
        If you want to skip CAD for a bit longer, "Link Mechanisms" is a little 35-page booklet that I find very helpful. I paid $6 for it at NAMES. It was originally published in 1908, and republished in 2000 by Nation Builder Books, P.O. Box 253, Leesburg VA, 20178, telephone (800) 480-5808, web site at www.NBBooks.com

Comment

Before we had Inventor and Solidworks we used this software....http://workingmodel.design-simulation.com/WM2D/demo.php
          Looks like you can get a demo copy.

Comment

Working...
          X