No announcement yet.

machinist chair /bench/foot stool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RR, never mind the stool. Tell us more about Becky!

Comment

Lynnl,

Well, she's probably in her late 50's early 60's by now going by the age of the stool!!!!

RR

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragarsed Raglan:
        Lynnl,

Well, she's probably in her late 50's early 60's by now going by the age of the stool!!!!

RR
        </font>
        ...haha... For you kids that might not sound good but for this olddawg that sounds about right...haha...

Comment

I have a scientist acquaintance who lost a couple fingers in a jointer after having a drink or two so I save the bourbon until after the shop work.

In my experience it is a big help to have a step at the lathe so you can put one foot up to keep your back straight. The step is designed so I can kick it around to alternate the foot that is on it. I have a high lab chair close by so I can step back and sit at those times when I am thinking about something or filing off burrs etc. Staying in one position too long gets old no matter what are who you are doing.

Comment

All sounds great and I even met Beckey. Your stool is right. What I'm thinking of is a little more spaced out. I was thinking of mounting an old saddle from my horse ridding days on a wooden horse. The horse would face the lathe or mill at a right angle and you would straddle it. My problem with bar stools is that with some of the controls you need to have arms a gorila to reach controls. So far a smaller lathe and a lazy boy are about the only thing that apeals. Just too many hours the last couple of weeks on my feet. Maybe I'm going to have to find someone to lend me a million bucks so I can by one of them new fangled "lights out machines". No attendent required.

Comment

Working...
            X