OT California East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT California East ?

It's a sad state of affairs in my old home state. This woman has 4 charges against her for killing a squirrel. I have little sympathy for squirrels as I have $1k total damage over several years from squirrels destroying both gabel end vents on our house. Most recently, squirrel bypassed one of the new (3 year old) vent and chewed an almost 3" hole thru mahoghany clapboard and plywood sheathing. In NJ, pellet guns are banned and believe it or not, slingshots must be registered.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

Geez! I hope they don't catch up with me....When I was younger we used to go shooting ground squirrels with .22 caliber rifles....

She has four charges against her for killing one....OMG! I'd probably get the death penalty for the number I've wacked.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

That's nothing. I heard the other day about some person who was arrested for putting something into a fish bowl and a few guppies died!

It wasn't in the USA.

Orrin
      So many projects. So little time.

Comment

A mid sized airport has a Prairie Dog problem.(Fox News, I do not remember the location)

Enter the "Save the Prairie Dogs" nuts!!

Our motto here is "if it bothers or destroys, blast it!"

When I live in N. Ca. I probably set a record for skunks wasted, never asked permission or mentioned it.
        A .22 CB does not attraction much attention.
        Last edited by PSD KEN; 05-23-2009, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Squirrel disposal

A soft hearted friend had a squirrel chew up the wiring and computer on his Ford truck. He got it back after several days and several hundred dollars of repair bills. Turns out the squirrel is faster chewing them up than the Ford house is repairing them. Back to the shop. He borrowed my live trap and (this is the part I like) he carries the little burger to the otherside of town and turns it loose at The Hwy Department Repair Warehouse. I would have had him for the guest of honor for Friday night supper.
          Byron Boucher
          Burnet, TX

Comment

I wonder what's wrong with some of these people. Prairie dogs are disease carrying vermin (unless they're the animated cartoon variety)

Same goes for pigeons. Pigeons are "rats with wings". But, I found out the other day, even in the semi-rural town I live in, I can go to jail for shooting one with a pellet gun... The ironic thing about it is; when I worked for the County, they spent half-a-million each year cleaning statues, sidewalks, and trying various "humane" schemes to drive them off...

Comment

When I worked in a car dealer out on the "left coast" I had to replace the engine in a motorhome. It was one of the smaller ones with the cab of a van.
              As usual, I got the engine out, and pushed the coach out into the parking lot, to await a replacement engine and assorted parts. About two weeks later, we pushed it back into the shop and I installed the new powerplant.
              When I connected the battery I noticed a spark hooking up the terminals. "Hmmm, must have left an interior light on." I thought.
              But....when I turned the key....I was greeted with a huge fireworks display, emanating from under the dash. It seems that local squirrels had gotten into the coach through the engine compartment and developed an appetite for the insulation on the wiring. Under the dash was probably $800 worth of bare stranded copper wire. Talk about fireworks....
              What made it even worse was the fact that it was a Dodge motorhome, and Chrysler Corporation refused to "pony up" for the destroyed wiring harness...The poor, dummy, customer got to pay for that.

Comment

California east

Welcome to the communist state of New Jershey where only the criminals have guns. Please throw all your money out the car window as soon as possible!

mark61

Comment

51% of the people voted for this type of stupidity, (actually I think they don't know what they voted for or cared as long as the teleprompter messaih made them feel good) you must submit and obey!
                  So has that $8 a week improved your life?
                  Non, je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Albert Einstein:

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Comment

Squirrels are nothing more than rats with fuzzy tails.
                      Same with gophers / ground squirrels.
                      Humans are getting more and more stupid, especially here on the left coast.

Comment

Originally posted by nheng
                        It's a sad state of affairs in my old home state. This woman has 4 charges against her for killing a squirrel. I have little sympathy for squirrels as I have $1k total damage over several years from squirrels destroying both gabel end vents on our house. Most recently, squirrel bypassed one of the new (3 year old) vent and chewed an almost 3" hole thru mahoghany clapboard and plywood sheathing. In NJ, pellet guns are banned and believe it or not, slingshots must be registered.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews
                        Not a sad state of affairs at all to me, it is sometimes necessary to kill pest, when it is, they deserve to die quickly and humainly, this example is just sorry indifference and she deserves punished, wish I was in the judges seat, same goes with hunting, you can't believe the sick stories I have heard on the wounding animals and thinking nothing of it, actually almost bragging that they at least hit it. Animals do not have evil intent, humans on the other hand do, which is worse is not of debate to me.

Ken

Comment

before everyone gets in a lather, it wasn't that they killed the squirrel, it was how. I grew up on a farm and killing animals large or small doesn't bother me an iota, but I've a problem with people who intentionally or neglectfully cause them to suffer
                          in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

while i have no problem with reducing the squirrel population (a 50% reduction would be fine by me), this guy probably should have made occasional checks of his traps. of course, we used to get tree rats, i mean squirrels, in our attic. we had another problem and when the guy came to fix the one issue, he also sealed up the rafters to keep the squirrels out. a year or so later i was running some plumbing and decided to add more insulation to the walls and when we opened the one section there was a nice mummified squirrel in the rafters. i'm guessing i'd be facing several counts for killing the squirrel by heat, dehydration, and starvation. i'm not happy the stupid thing died like that, but maybe they should stay out of my attic.

when i take something out, i go for a clean kill. the last thing i want is some poor animal suffering. well, except for stinkbugs. i hate those things.

andy b.
                            The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/a.../45555192.html

I wonder who will ultimately receive a harsher sentence, the owner of the New Jersey pest control company or the three corrections officers who were put on paid leave while the state investigates the inmate's heat-related death. Pretty said state of affairs....

Comment

Working...
                              X