Surface Grinding Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface Grinding Reading

I've recently acquired a small surface grinder. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations/links for a primer. I'm a ways from bringing it into the shop...I have to find a spot for it. Therefore, i can spend my summer flipping through some paper knowhow . Anyone willing to share their grinding "hoard" with an ignorant prairie boy?

I dont know of a specific book, but any textbook will have a chapter covering the basics.

Comment

You might contact Norton for some free basic literature. I like the fact that they stress safety which is very important with grinding machines. Too many people take a lot of it very casually. A grinding machine can be the most dangerous machine in the shop, especially because some of the hazards are not so obvious.

Comment

I bought a set of 50's era Norton grinding booklets that cover surface grinding, tool and cutter grinding, cylindrical grinding, etc. They show up on Ebay all the time -- just search for "Norton Grinding Book."
        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Since I recently purchased a small surface grinder I was interested the the same thing. The chapter on surface grinders in Moltrecht's Machine Shop Practice volume 2 gives some good general information on using a grinder along with the selection of grinding wheels. You can purchase a used copy on Amazon for less than $20 or you can try the public library.

Comment

www.khake.com/page88
            This site has a lot of useful info

Comment

Vintage grinding texts

This is the result of a search for "grinding" on the Internet Archive, lots of downloadable titles. http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=grinding

Comment

Working...
              X