Heavy Storage Tool rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Storage Tool rack

I made up a piece of metal table with a hole lot of holes (LOL) in it. Took a whuile to bore all the holes and chamfer. NOW i am looking for a set of roller or ball bearing glides about 2 inches high and 20 inches long?? I haveny had much luck on computer any tips guys where to buy one or how to make a good heavy duty one ??

For cheap I've used slides from old filing cabinets, but I'm in the UK, your filing cabinets may be different.

New in the USA

http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView.cfm?Cat_ID=44

starter for 10

Lee.
    I no longer own tools I had.

Comment

Whole lot of holes.

I know my spelling and grammar is teh suxxor but that's one I remember.
      This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
      Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
      Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

www.surpluscenter.com
        When I get Time... I'll...

Comment

Search for "full extension slide" on ebay and you'll find a bunch, maybe cheaper than surpluscenter, depending on shipping.

Comment

Spellin?

Well i aint got much of a education but i gets bye OK I gess.

Comment

Thanx Guys

100 pound capacity? I checked out the Surplus centre drawer glides. They look kind of light for my unusual (as usal) project. I may try to find some other source for heavy duty ones. thanx all for the input.

Comment

i'l second fleabay. i picked up a few pairs there rated at some insane amount like 200# or something. and they were only $10 per pair for 24" travel. just keep watch for a while, they show up pretty regularly.

andy b.
                The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Actually these things have come way down in price here try B and Q or axminster power tools uk or it's equivelent the ship to the states I believe axminster that is.Alistair
                  Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

two on top of each other should do it ..

the ones
                    decribed as heavy duty on ebay are good for 100 lbs

so a double row is extra srecurity.

all the best.markj

Comment

Working...
                    X