Evan's shop built lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan's shop built lathe

Evan, have you made any further progress on your lathe, or is it a winter time project?

It's a winter project. Yeaah,,, That's it,,. Really, I won't be doing any more on it for a while but it is usable. I just used it to turn down a flange on a 14" diametr part and it worked great. This winter it will be first on the list of items to complete.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I thought it might be, now is the time for outdoor projects up here.

Comment

Evan I have to admit it was and therefore is a fantastic project I have no idea how you find the energy for all you do.Enjoy your well earned retirement.Alistair
        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Having seen it in person it's not only a fine project but it's a damn good looking one, too. That is some very nice wood!

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie
            Evan I have to admit it was and therefore is a fantastic project I have no idea how you find the energy for all you do.Enjoy your well earned retirement.Alistair
            I sure second the statement in bold and the rest as well but especially that in bold.

Comment

Well, that energy is being put to the test this week. The foundation drain project is turning out to be very much more work than planned because of the horrible nature of the soil. It is really not soil but more like a low grade of concrete. I am lucky to have the use of a good sized backhoe that is normally used at a small gold claim. The owner doesn't mind that I am digging a lot of rocks as long as I repair any cracks and hardface the bucket teeth.

Comment

Going to bury a few loops of poly at the same time for summer use? Think you could probably get away with 12” separation both horizontally and vertically.

Cheers, Bob

Comment

Yep, I am right now looking up prices so my wife can pick some up on the way home.

Comment

Working...
                  X