Rack for QC holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack for QC holders

Some time back I saw a thread on racks for QC holders and decided I would build one. Since I am very fast and don't procrastinate it only took me about 6 months to do it. see how fast I am . Well, after doing some layout work with the holders on the workbench I decided what I wanted and built it. Since it's mounted at the tailstock end it is easy to reach and mostly away from the chips, etc. and a good place for the air hose.

I'm loving it more every day I use it.

It's only ink and paper

Nice work. A bit of a different twist on what I have seen in the past.

Thanks for sharing.
    rock~
    Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Great, mind if I copy it? I made a half dovetail from hardwood and it's on the front of the overhead shelf behind the lathe. Every time I touch one it falls off. I'll get mine made in the next month or six!!!Peter
      The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

Very nice. That design could hold a lot of tool holders and not waste much space. Here's the version I made.

Those are BXA sized holders. The cross rods are 1/4" round and the straps on the side are 1" x 1/4" rectangle. The mounting holes are drilled 16" on center so it can be bolted right to the studs.
        Stuart de Haro

Comment

Hmm, hornluv, that's one way I hadn't seen or thought of. Easy to make and spacing is not a problem. If my system fails me I may use your method.

Having them within a arms length is the important part.

brockley1, go for it but do a better job of getting the angle aluminum cut to an exact length. I thought I measured them exactly but I could have made them a tad longer. On the other hand, they may have been harder to get on and off the rack.
          Last edited by Carld; 06-12-2009, 03:16 PM.
          It's only ink and paper

Comment

Working...
          X