3AT collets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3AT collets

Has anyone tried the 3 AT collets that Tools4Cheap sells ? I need a set for my new Logan and the price is right.

Don't know about the 3AT collets, but I have heard good reports on the Van Norman collets they sell.

Steve

Comment

Suggest you drop the 3AT idea and go with 3C... more available in more types... much less "special". Of course if you buy only new, and don't want hex, etc, that may not matter.

At least 20 manufacturers used 3C, only 2 that I am aware of ever used the 3AT.

You can make a closer for them without a great deal of trouble, and if made on your machine it will be quite accurate. Or, a S-B closer should fit any 3MT machine..... AFAIK the special tapers are only in the larger sizes.

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers
        Suggest you drop the 3AT idea and go with 3C... more available in more types...
        I would, but I have the adapter, draw tube and a few collets in 3AT.

Comment

YE HA...... $150 minimum return on Epay?? Then buy what you really want collet-wise, and make the matching drawtube and closer. A 2 evening project.

That $150 is around the right number, or at least it used to be.

or, if ya got 'em, use 'em.

I liked making my closer, since that way I know it's concentric. I marked which way it goes in the spindle.

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

My 10" Atlas uses 3AT collets and I find the best quality is the ones from Travers Tool.

Regards Graeme

Comment

Working...
            X