A Few Bike Bits (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Bike Bits (pics)

Not a big or terribly exciting project this time, but a few piccies always go down well on here so I thought I’d post these.
    I’m on a Bike forum, and once people know you’ve got machine tools you start getting a few calls to make bits.
    One chap is building a special with upside down front forks and the yokes (triple trees to you lot ) that match these, but wants to use standard handlebars instead of the clip-ons that normally fit the fork tops, so wanted a set or chunky risers made up for them. I also drilled and tapped the yokes M10 to bolt these on, but additionally made a set of 1.5mm/0.060" acetal washers to sit under here so that they can swivel for alignment without graunching up or galling on either part.

The second pic is the risers again, plus a modified caliper bracket, a couple of 1mm phosphor bronze swinging arm washers and a new wheel spacer.

Peter

All I have for pictures this week is bloody electric motors again and 40 stub axles for trailers .............boring.............

Nice finishes Peter on the work.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Nice Peter

The cap screws are gonna rust (Yeah i done that too) Stainless fasteners?

Comment

I've done a few sets not so pretty..

With a big wrist you need to put heli-coils in everything aluminum to start with, or studs.

My old bike has split handlebars. One side can be loose and the other side tight. That's okay, since I got one arm I KO'ed on a tanker truck that does not open up 100%. One side is back about 1/4" further and suites me just fine. I've had a couple people start to "correct" it for me..
        Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Working...
        X