what is it? B&S tooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is it? B&S tooling

woking way through a monumental tool gloat and finding some items i can't place....Here's a Brown & Sharpe 373 - any of you guys recognize this?

Monumental Gloat?

Auction truck headed from the Big Mill Liquidation tip over in your yard or something?
    This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
    Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
    Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

man, its a gloat, about 1500 lbs worth i figure. to give a flavour, here's the mics.... well not including the 5-20" ones have you any idea how big a box a 20" mic comes in?

ok, back to my mystry B&S 373........

Comment

It's obviously for a lathe. What do those two square things do when/if they're turned? Maybe it's some kind of radius turner?

Edit: Is there gearing on the inside? What's with all the oil cups? Nice score. If you find those big mics are too much hassle, just send them my way. I'll take one for the team.
        Last edited by hornluv; 07-09-2009, 09:24 PM.
        Stuart de Haro

Comment

Originally posted by hornluv
          It's obviously for a lathe. What do those two square things do when/if they're turned? Maybe it's some kind of radius turner?
          that may be it, the square things rack the top back and forth. maybe a taper turning attachment for a production lathe, turrent sort of thing, ie holding a boring bar for an internal taper.

At first i discounted lathe idea because its narrow compared to the size of the V, but who knows all the different formats of lathes that are out there

Comment

It is likely an attachment for one of their grinders. The single V is typical of them. It might be a dresser or a work holder for radius dressing or grinding.
            Jim H.

Comment

It is some kind of attachment for a # 13 tool and cutter grinder .But I think part of it is missing.
              Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
              http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
              http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

Dresser for a B&S Cylidrical Grinder ??? Maybe ???
                Oh, by the way ... How much did that Micrometer haul run ya?
                Last edited by KiddZimaHater; 07-09-2009, 11:09 PM.

Comment

It's the largest (incomplete) ball/concave cutter tool I've ever seen.

Comment

Incomlete radial back up attachment similar to a Hendey.

Comment

Working...
                    X