No announcement yet.

200 MPG Carb discovered......It's from China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you need heavy wheels, consider some from Worksmans Cycles; I've had excellent luck with them on my Burning Man mutant vehicle:

Bart Smaalders
    http://smaalders.net/barts

Comment

On the trike the front won't be doing much more than steering. Most of the weight is carried by the rear wheels. For those I am using a pair of 20 inch 36 spoke wheels from a pretty high quality child's mountain bike. Because we have a super quality bike shop here there are a lot of used high quality bikes around and I have permission from the bike shop to dumpster dive their scrap pile. The trike rear end will have both disc braking and dynamic braking of two kinds. It will use regenerative braking to recharge the batteries and if they are full it goes to eddy current braking. Eddy current braking is absolutely reliable which is why it is used on trains, planes and many other machines.

Since we have some long and steep hills here I must have brakes I can depend on.

[edit] I might even add a drag chute to go with the turbine noise generator. I have a surplus radiosonde chute around here somewhere...
      Last edited by Evan; 07-12-2009, 05:09 AM.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

When I was a kid in Holland my old man had an add-on moped engine, Berini if remember right. It was 49cc, hinged from the headstem of the bike on to the top of the front wheel. The front wheel was driven by a roller within the little engine assembly and you could either have it lifted up off the wheel and pedal along or drop it on to the front wheel and go along quite nicely.

Found a link, see about halfway down the page for the front wheel version.
        Last edited by Steelmaster; 07-12-2009, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I may add a small sound system with a digital recording of a turbine spooling up..
          I was thinking along the lines of a flamethrower exhaust like on a old streetrod..

BURRPPP out comes a 12 foot flame from the exhaust.. Normally the traffic that passes you is the normal traffic in the area.. once or twice and they give you a wide berth.
          Last edited by Dawai; 07-12-2009, 09:52 AM.
          Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

I was kinda thinking about some rear wheel covers for the bicycle wheels that look a bit like this..

Comment

Do they keep turning when you stop, like the lowriders' do?
              No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

I've often wondered why the "spoked vanes on wheels" were not ducted into the intake system on high speed cars.. faster you go, relieves air pressure and disturbance across wheels and pumps fresh air into the engine..

Spinning while you stop? not near as "funny" as the ones that do not turn at all.. a optical illusion..
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD3wl0rAY7Y

My head has been hurting for three days, this did not help..
                Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

4 cycle engines...

from china have been on ebay in the BIN arena for around $135 USD for over a year. I bought one. 6 hp, ohv. Not quite as compact.
                  gvasale

Comment

Someone with some electronic knowledge could do a fuel injection system for this and go way over 200mpg..

Problems? coated oxygen sensor.. can't use a heated sensor, not enough power available to waste.. so.. one wire sensor..

Funny, putting oil bath air cleaner on a sensor equipped car kills it.. I think two stroke oil would be a quicker death.

THE variable venturi carburetors work great, near as good as a injection system. They just don't modify on the fly like a fuzzy computered ecu..
                    Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                      BTW, I do have a plate for it:

Where did you get the plate?!?!?!?! I want one with Texas insignias.

(however, it might backfire - THEY could find a way to TAX THAT)

J.
                      Eagon Leather & Knives

Comment

I made it. Give me a few minutes.

Comment

Here you are.

Larger version

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                            Here you are.

Larger version
                            I love it. First thing you know everyone will be wanting one. :-)
                            ...lew...

Comment

Hi Evan,

Lew made me do this.......

How about one for Washington State? I'm sure DP would like it also .

Robin
                              Robin

Happily working on my second million Gave up on the first

Comment

Originally posted by rdfeil
                                Hi Evan,

Lew made me do this.......

How about one for Washington State? I'm sure DP would like it also .

Robin
                                It's the right color

Comment

Working...
                                X