200 MPG Carb discovered......It's from China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dennis,

I thought so also, and the way this state taxes things, very appropriate.

R
    Robin

Happily working on my second million Gave up on the first

Comment

I'll have a look at the WA plate and see. I was in the shop downstairs as it's the only cool place in the house. I never use the computer in the shop for anything except running the CNC mill. If I started checking the forum in the shop I would never get anything done.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
        Here you are.

Fantastic! I'm going to print one out on the large format printer at work today

The cover of this week's Economist has a hilarious, but very apropos cartoon about Texas and California:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Bike Motor

Good morning!

Your motorized bike reminds me of the late 40's. One of the kids in town whose dad owned a hardware store got himself a Whizzer! It was quite well thought out. Most of us couldn't afford anything like that so we just had to pedal.

Regards,
          Jack C.

Comment

i was looking at one at the weekend ..talking to an owner of one ..i just happened to meet.

its was a 4 stroke model ..

the kit was imported from the USA ..and he had to pay £40 duty on it .

£200 altogether

he says the engine is a Chinese cement mixer engine.

he also added mag alloy wheels to the bike ..which was a mountain bike

he says its does 200mpg and top speed is 31mph (uk gallons)

so that's a 4 stroke ..i cant see the 2 stroke doing 200 mpg

BTW ..his engine looked all aluminium ..the exhaust possibly stainless.

all the best.markj
            Last edited by aboard_epsilon; 07-13-2009, 11:49 AM.

Comment

OK, here is one for Washington. I might entertain a couple of more requests but if the plate has a difficult to patch background I may turn it down. Plain backgrounds are easy.

Hi Res

Comment

Muchas gracias!!

J.
                Eagon Leather & Knives

Comment

OK, here is one for Washington.
                  By the way, having lived in Olympia, Washington for three years before moving to Austin, I find it amusing that either Washingtonians or Texans would complain about taxes, since they're two of the seven states that don't have state income tax.

Austin more than makes up for that with local (county) property taxes (I would imagine that Dallas and Houston are the same way), but the cost of living in Washington is about as cheap as it gets...
                  "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
                    Austin more than makes up for that with local (county) property taxes (I would imagine that Dallas and Houston are the same way), but the cost of living in Washington is about as cheap as it gets...
                    They still complain though - and often loudly. It's part of the
                    "I'm not getting all I so richly deserve." syndrome.

- Bart
                    Bart Smaalders
                    http://smaalders.net/barts

Comment

BTW, I checked out the rims I am using for the rear wheels on the trike. They are double wall 6061 T-6 made in Switzerland.

Comment

Thanks Evan, I to will be printing it on a 3' X 4' plotter and hanging it on the office wall. And for those complaining about my complaining .....

If I were not complaining I would have to be working and I HATE working

Robin
                        Robin

Happily working on my second million Gave up on the first

Comment

BTW, I checked out the rims I am using for the rear wheels on the trike. They are double wall 6061 T-6 made in Switzerland.
                          That puts to rest a concern I was thinking about, probably already has HD spokes as well then.

Comment

WOW! You've got my interest! What are these kits called? I'd like to go shopping!

Comment

Just do an internet search for "bicycle engine kits".
                              There are a variety of style and prices out there. Also a large number of vendors on flea-bay.

If you are into a bit of insight and operational as well building idiosyncrasies have a look at these two sites. A large amount of good info between these two.

http://motorbicycling.com/

http://www.motoredbikes.com/index.php
                              Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                              Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Working...
                              X