Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willy
    replied
    Just do an internet search for "bicycle engine kits".
    There are a variety of style and prices out there. Also a large number of vendors on flea-bay.

If you are into a bit of insight and operational as well building idiosyncrasies have a look at these two sites. A large amount of good info between these two.

http://motorbicycling.com/

http://www.motoredbikes.com/index.php

Leave a comment:

• doc-zeus
    replied
    WOW! You've got my interest! What are these kits called? I'd like to go shopping!

Leave a comment:

• Ken_Shea
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan
    BTW, I checked out the rims I am using for the rear wheels on the trike. They are double wall 6061 T-6 made in Switzerland.
    That puts to rest a concern I was thinking about, probably already has HD spokes as well then.

Leave a comment:

• rdfeil
    replied
    Thanks Evan, I to will be printing it on a 3' X 4' plotter and hanging it on the office wall. And for those complaining about my complaining .....

If I were not complaining I would have to be working and I HATE working

Robin

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    BTW, I checked out the rims I am using for the rear wheels on the trike. They are double wall 6061 T-6 made in Switzerland.

Leave a comment:

• barts
    replied
    Originally posted by lazlo
    Austin more than makes up for that with local (county) property taxes (I would imagine that Dallas and Houston are the same way), but the cost of living in Washington is about as cheap as it gets...
    They still complain though - and often loudly. It's part of the
    "I'm not getting all I so richly deserve." syndrome.

- Bart

Leave a comment:

• lazlo
    replied
    OK, here is one for Washington.
    By the way, having lived in Olympia, Washington for three years before moving to Austin, I find it amusing that either Washingtonians or Texans would complain about taxes, since they're two of the seven states that don't have state income tax.

Austin more than makes up for that with local (county) property taxes (I would imagine that Dallas and Houston are the same way), but the cost of living in Washington is about as cheap as it gets...

Leave a comment:

• TexasKnifeMaker
    replied
    Muchas gracias!!

J.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    OK, here is one for Washington. I might entertain a couple of more requests but if the plate has a difficult to patch background I may turn it down. Plain backgrounds are easy.

Hi Res

Leave a comment:

• aboard_epsilon
    replied
    i was looking at one at the weekend ..talking to an owner of one ..i just happened to meet.

its was a 4 stroke model ..

the kit was imported from the USA ..and he had to pay £40 duty on it .

£200 altogether

he says the engine is a Chinese cement mixer engine.

he also added mag alloy wheels to the bike ..which was a mountain bike

he says its does 200mpg and top speed is 31mph (uk gallons)

so that's a 4 stroke ..i cant see the 2 stroke doing 200 mpg

BTW ..his engine looked all aluminium ..the exhaust possibly stainless.

all the best.markj
    Last edited by aboard_epsilon; 07-13-2009, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jcc3inc
    replied
    Bike Motor

Good morning!

Your motorized bike reminds me of the late 40's. One of the kids in town whose dad owned a hardware store got himself a Whizzer! It was quite well thought out. Most of us couldn't afford anything like that so we just had to pedal.

Regards,
    Jack C.

Leave a comment:

• lazlo
    replied
    Here you are.

Fantastic! I'm going to print one out on the large format printer at work today

The cover of this week's Economist has a hilarious, but very apropos cartoon about Texas and California:

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    I'll have a look at the WA plate and see. I was in the shop downstairs as it's the only cool place in the house. I never use the computer in the shop for anything except running the CNC mill. If I started checking the forum in the shop I would never get anything done.

Leave a comment:

• rdfeil
    replied
    Hi Dennis,

I thought so also, and the way this state taxes things, very appropriate.

R

Leave a comment:

• dp
    replied
    Originally posted by rdfeil
    Hi Evan,

Lew made me do this.......

How about one for Washington State? I'm sure DP would like it also .

Robin
    It's the right color

Leave a comment:

Working...
X