• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark heres anice one for your pals \if I dont bid on it myself

Looking good enough to eat.Alistair

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMART-AND-BROW...lenotsupported
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

think i'm the wrong mark but i,m putting a bid in myself, i'm sure that if i do it will finally stop the iron cravings, [has Stephen King considered writing about it?], my wife will understand.
    it all started with a little bit of Myford, then Boxford, then Harrison, then DSG[ as yet unfulfilled i could almost taste the coolant tank, spicy] and Cinncinatti [my fav]and id forgot poor old S&B, thanks for the reminder......
    Now where could i hide it, i bought a Mini excavator some time ago, her indoors thinks its to dig a subteranian Iron depositry and id convinced that thats where iron ore comes from.
    Once again i must appologise if [i am] not the right mark but hey..
    regards
    the other
    mark

Comment

Originally posted by boslab
      think i'm the wrong mark but i,m putting a bid in myself, i'm sure that if i do it will finally stop the iron cravings, [has Stephen King considered writing about it?], my wife will understand.
      it all started with a little bit of Myford, then Boxford, then Harrison, then DSG[ as yet unfulfilled i could almost taste the coolant tank, spicy] and Cinncinatti [my fav]and id forgot poor old S&B, thanks for the reminder......
      Now where could i hide it, i bought a Mini excavator some time ago, her indoors thinks its to dig a subteranian Iron depositry and id convinced that thats where iron ore comes from.
      Once again i must appologise if [i am] not the right mark but hey..
      regards
      the other
      mark
      If you want a cheap way to cure the DSG craving, I've got a 17x36 1954 roller bearing model sitting here under a sheet, probably going to the scrap man. All works, but needs the bed grinding or scraping or something - suffers from a combination of wear (though not all that severe) and twist.

Tim

Comment

Youve still got that (Get Behind Me satan...)

Ive been Idly looking for a bigger lathe....

Dave
        Just south of Sudspumpwater UK

Comment

Originally posted by small.planes
          Youve still got that (Get Behind Me satan...)

Ive been Idly looking for a bigger lathe....

Dave
          Yours for the price of scrap @ 2.5 tons of CI
          A bit more if you want the taper turning attachment.

Tim

Comment

That's a nice lathe £37.000.00 new and a real bargain go for it one sold last year to a member here for about nearly five grand and he was very pleased with it.Alistair
            Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie
              That's a nice lathe £37.000.00 new and a real bargain go for it one sold last year to a member here for about nearly five grand and he was very pleased with it.Alistair
              Just checked, my DSG was only £1652/10/0, sale agreed at 1952 price (in 1954), actual delivery June 1955.
              Cheap rubbish, obviously

Tim

Comment

Is any cheaper than this one???
                You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Tim,
                  please tell me your on the sunny side of the atlantic, 2.5 tons of pleasure is too much
                  mark

Comment

Its always sunny in Warrington (Thats UK in case you were unsure)

Dave
                    Just south of Sudspumpwater UK

Comment

if I dont bid on it myself
                      If "You" were going to bid on it "Yourself" ..the last thing you would do is draw attention to it ..
                      Good idea though...why not tell us all, the items, you're going to bid on, so we can all get the chance to look at them and advice you, if you're getting a bargain or not.

just think possible advice from :- 24,819 Members and 1,837 Active Members

how about that Alistair .

all the best.markj

Comment

It looks like somebody's already started the ball rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon
                          If "You" were going to bid on it "Yourself" .....

just think possible advice from :- 24,819 Members and 1,837 Active Members

how about that Alistair .

all the best.markj

Oh god. Here we go again

Comment

please no, can Warrington be in England, if i leave wales they wont let me back in [so the boyz in the pit cabin tell me, and the possibility of going cannibal, but they have been known to lie], i have a severe desire creeping up on me,...help its happening again, i'm going to black out and end up making my shed 2 1/2 tons heavier/ smaller/ more congested / happier, oh the shame of this sickness, at least i could suck mints [hence teeth failure] to give up smoking, what the hell bit of a lathe an i supposed to suck?
                            If i airbrush skulls and barbed wire all over it do you think i could pass it off as a Harley?
                            mark

Comment

I currently have the highest bid on this. If I win it my current lathe up for sale immediately.
                              Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
                              Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
                              Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Working...
                              X