Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Army Wants Steam Powered Flesh Eating Killbots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Army Wants Steam Powered Flesh Eating Killbots!

We are so freakin' doomed, man!
    A Maryland company under contract to the Pentagon is working on a steam-powered robot that would fuel itself by gobbling up whatever organic material it can find — grass, wood, old furniture, even dead bodies.
    (emphasis mine)

Aw, man, if this ain't the beginnings of Sky Net, I don't know what is. You just know these things are going to be programmed with a strong desire to eat, and the software's gonna be all buggy, and they're going to start eating people left and right. Then they're going to figure out how to make copies of themselves, so there'll be even more of them, and no doubt some joker's programmed them to fire nukes at anyone named John Connor, so there's none of this silly business about trying to draw a bead on him.

Keep pumping!!

Well, if they started off using some here who get pretty steamed about almost anything for no useful purpose, that would not only increase efficiency but clean some of the clutter out from here.

I wonder what sorts of "caps", "Carbon foot-prints" and "carbon credits" there are.

Perhaps they could use Al Gore and his ilk for carbon sequestration? - as storage!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_sequestration

A real "win-win" scenario - for once?

Comment

Pity Wickipedia wasn't in paper format, that would keep it running for a couple of hours..............................

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

The solution

John.

Print it out - on "clean" cerified organic re-cycled paper.

Your solution is in your own hands.

Comment

Last edited by Evan; 07-15-2009, 05:42 AM.
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Brilliant Evan,
            How long did it take you to make it? are plans available?
            Alan

Comment

Well it looks like, that cyclone engine outfit from Fla finally found somebody to license those amazing engines of theirs. They have a new web page at their site.
              http://www.cyclonepower.com/works.html
              Glen
              Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
              I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
              All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

I don't think it is anything to get alarmed about. Quite creepy tho.
                Tim

Knows a little about many trades.

Comment

Well you can be sure the Middle East War zone wasn't the need this thing was designed for! There isn't enough vegetation over there to fuel it for long. If they made one that could exist on rocks and sand then we might have a worry
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Evan made that out of some junk he had laying around. There aren't any real plans, he used Google's sketchup on the tricky bits however. He has the "death machine" plugin.

Comment

My prediction is that the death of every soldier will (has?) become so politically unacceptable that we'll deploy autonomous (not RC) fighting robots before long. No one cares if a robot is destroyed. This is probably not what the anti-war zealots had in mind.

Comment

My prediction is that the death of every soldier will (has?) become so politically unacceptable that we'll deploy autonomous (not RC) fighting robots before long.
                        That will require a presedential order to overturn a previous order that requires a human be present somewhere to press the kill button on any remote device equipped with lethal force. The only exception to this is land mines and closely related weapons.
                        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I found it somewhat humorous to see that "they" are considering banning smoking in the armed forces as it presents a health hazard. Apparently falling on a grenade does not?
                          Jim H.

Comment

If they use Windows operating systems, there won't be much to be concerned about.

Comment

the Windows 'blue screen of death' takes on a whole new meaning
                              mark

Comment

Working...
                              X