X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lazlo
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan
    I have SP3. The difference is that I am running an AMD 64 with hardware DEP.
    Right, I saw your DEP error, but all modern Intel processors (since P4/Prescott) have the same feature: the NX-bit, so I don't see why that would matter.

You're not running Win64 are you?

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    I have SP3. The difference is that I am running an AMD 64 with hardware DEP.

Leave a comment:

• lazlo
    replied
    By the way Evan, all my machines are running XP SP3. Are you running an old OS?

Leave a comment:

• lazlo
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan
    When I tried to visit the NASA satellite tracking site IE8 did this:

I just tried it on four different machines, ranging from an old K7 to a Core i7, and it works fine:

Leave a comment:

• KiddZimaHater
    replied
    I installed it about 4 weeks ago, used it for 4 days, then uninstalled it and went back to IE7.
    Too many problems.
    Certian websites won't load, it runs SLOWWWWW, and too many bells & whistles.
    I didn't like it at all.

Leave a comment:

• Carld
    replied
    It messed me up and I can no longer use IE at all. I am not using Firefox and Google Chrome. Firefox has the standard tool bar at the top to do printing, etc but Google Chrome doesn't have any features at all, just view the web sites

Leave a comment:

• Jim Shaper
    replied
    There shouldn't be any problem with youtube doing that, just like MS no longer supports Win98 and it still functions just fine. Supporting it means having developers fixing issues. I'm pretty sure they haven't had any software issues with IE7 for some time now.

They'd have to be stupid to lock out their revenue stream by making the site not backwards compatible with older browsers. They make money from hits, and without a functional interface they cut their money off.

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    Youtube has a nice banner saying that they will stop supporting any version of exploder except "8" soon.......

Leave a comment:

• Jim Shaper
    replied
    It's not ready for prime time, that's for sure.

I had problems on several websites just trying to do my normal searching (looking for bathroom remodeling stuff these days). No crashes, but it wouldn't function correctly none the less. I uninstalled it and went back to IE7.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    When I tried to visit the NASA satellite tracking site IE8 did this:

It does it on a number of sites and I haven't found any fix. I already have DEP set to system files only.

Leave a comment:

• GRH
    started a topic OT Explorer 8

OT Explorer 8

How bad is windows Explorer 8 ???????

Thanks Graeme
Working...
X