No announcement yet.

O.T. Electric torches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got one that flashes. To paraphrase James Garner as Pappy; red, white, your choice. And it was pre LED so no electronics, just a flasher button.
    Paul A.
    SE Texas

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

I've been meaning to ask a similar question: in this country we call the common writing implement a ball-point pen, but in New Zealand it's a biro. What is it called in Norway?

[edit] forgive me -- that seemed mildly amusing when I posted it, but I now see it as an indication that I've gone "around the bend." I drove twelve hours today starting in Santa Rosa and now I'm in Bend, Oregon, so this is true both literally and figuratively.
      Last edited by aostling; 07-22-2009, 01:14 AM.
      Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by aostling
        I've been meaning to ask a similar question: in this country we call the common writing implement a ball-point pen, but in New Zealand it's a biro. What is it called in Norway?

[edit] forgive me -- that seemed mildly amusing when I posted it, but I now see it as an indication that I've gone "around the bend." I drove twelve hours today starting in Santa Rosa and now I'm in Bend, Oregon, so this is true both literally and figuratively.
        Since Biro is a pen company, that sounds like a case of a popular brand becoming a generic term.

How strange. Yesterday I was in Roseburg Or (just south of Bend), and today I'm 30 miles south of Santa Rosa. Yes, it's a loooong drive.

Dan
        At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Originally posted by darryl
          Around here it's often called 'effin flash light'.

Dumb name, flash light. Like driveway- somewhere that you park. Or parkway- somewhere that you drive. Or highway- what's that mean- the rest of the roads are lowways?

Or motorcycle. I am seeing more of them these days- the rest should be called enginecycles.

Gimmy the effin flashlight, I can't see where the oil's leaking out of my motorcycle.
          Stop buying Harley and old Brit bikes.

Comment

BTW, DX now sells hand held 1/2 watt lasers so the name torch is also very appropriate.
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
            X