This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art or rubbish I am annoyed by this sorry off topic definitely off topic

I witnessed something today which I found upsetting a Christian Bible being deliberately torn up and written on scrawling whatever profanity you wish. This is supposed to be art according to the lesbian artist .When asked if this would be able to be done with the Koran there was a muffled response. Surely we are being asked to accept too much in the name of political correctness or political tolerance.Alistair
    Last edited by Alistair Hosie; 07-23-2009, 05:06 PM.
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

She/they are just looking for attention.

Comment

Originally posted by dewat
      She/they are just looking for attention.

Agreed.

Just move along and ignore it. Folks like her feed on attention from us, they feast on the shock and outrage.

Just keep whatever faith/belief you have strong and remember it's not our place in the world to deal with every ignorant attention monger out there.
      This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
      Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
      Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

My criteria has always been that if *I* could do it, it's not art.

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie
          I witnessed something today which I found upsetting a Christian Bible being deliberately torn up and written on scrawling whatever profanity you wish. This is supposed to be art according to the lesbian artist .When asked if this would be able to be done with the Koran there was a muffled response. Surely we are being asked to accept too much in the name of political correctness or political tolerance.Alistair
          Might have been intended as no more than a thought provoking exhibit. Would you be as upset if it were any other book of fiction?

Also, why do you feel it was important to tell us it was a lesbian artist?

Comment

I would be more upset if it was Machinery's Handbook

Comment

Maybe because the activist homosexual community outright denies the church, but it's the church which decrees the vows of marriage that they don't seem to agree with anyway - yet feel discriminated against because same sex relationships DO NOT follow the criteria for Marriage as it is written in the Bible.

Civil Unions are as far as the homosexual population should hope to possess in Judeo-Christian religious organizations. It's written in the old testament that marriage is between a man and woman. The state then recognizes that union in civil matters, unless you become married via a justice of the peace. I don't see eloping as a marriage, but as a contract. It's not vows, it's a certificate of contractual agreement between two people and the state.

I'm not one to tell another consenting adult what to do or how to act, but the activist gays bother me. It's not natural, it defies the theory of evolution (which I don't agree with either), and it has no business in our public schools.

Do whatever you like in the privacy of your own home, but stay the f out of mine. If you want a church to respect your beliefs, go start one.

For the record, I have openly gay (we're talking total flamers here) friends. I see it as a lifestyle choice they made and I don't hold that against them no matter how unappealing it may be to me. I get mad when the public school system is coerced into trying to explain that lifestyle as an option to my 7yr old son. That's MY BUSINESS to do as I see fit.

I also don't agree with the fact there are Gay Pride flags up and down a half a mile of public road in Minneapolis right now. If I did that for straight pride, I'd probably get my house burned down.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmyers
                Thanks now I'm going to have nightmares.
                This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
                Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
                Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

The exhibit seems rude and inappropriate. I don't find it offensive, but I think they could have found a more appropriate way to express themselves. Regardless of whether or not I believe, I recognize that others do believe and have a right to do so. As such, it is my moral duty to respect their beliefs, so long as they don't infringe upon the rights of others.

Comment

I have nothing against dykes but I wouldn't put my finger in one.........

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

It is interesting isn't it...Machinery's handbook is a book of fact...The bible is a book of events that cannot be proved to have ever occurred..
                      Precision takes time.

Comment

If being rude and offending other people is all the "artist" has to offer, consider me unimpressed.

Comment

Getting the message

I'd be more upset if it was Machinery's Handbook
                          Originally posted by Ringer
                          It is interesting isn't it...Machinery's handbook is a book of fact...The bible is a book of events that cannot be proved to have ever occurred..
                          For some, Machinery's Handbook IS the bible and as all "true believers" are machinists then what-ever they do is the Acts of the Apostles. They also believe that some of the old machinist guru's writings are "Gospel" too.

Or is that just the Genesis of a good idea?

In my shop, I know not what I do.

What a Revelation!!!

Is it the right thing to do to leave your assets in a Testamentary Trust when you die?

Is that why your last Will and Testament is the only legal one?

Does a "Good" machinist kiss his Machinery's Handbook and return it to its Tabernacle after use?

Does he wash his hands before using it? ("Lavabo"?).

Is the smoke coming off his machines incense?

Does he put off his shoes from off his feet before he stands on the holy ground of his HSM shop?

Does he genuflect and "cross" himself before his/HSM/"production" machines?

Not here he doesn't!!!

Comment

Alistair, our cherished freedoms, such as they are now-a-days, are considered by some to be licence to act as they please. She is to be pitied for her ignorance that she should fear the written word. She is free to say whatever she pleases, and you're free to call her on it. She can destroy the book, but she can't destroy the messege.
                            Cheers, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by DR
                              Might have been intended as no more than a thought provoking exhibit. Would you be as upset if it were any other book of fiction?

Also, why do you feel it was important to tell us it was a lesbian artist?

I'm happy to know that it was an athiestic lesbian that performed the act of sacrilege. It makes it somehow more understandable.

If she were to do that to a Koran; Curan; Cueran; Coran (pick one spelling) in a moslem country, it would result in a public stoning.

Comment

Working...
                              X