Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright, I've seen it all now...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alright, I've seen it all now...

    Just got back from a trip (mostly unproductive) to Harbor Freight.
    After prowling around searching unsuccessfully for what I wanted, what did I come across?
    You guessed it, an electronic fly swatter!! How cool is that?

    "If you build it, they will come."


    (Darn, I forgot to get batteries for it...)

  • #2
    what about the spanking machine [robospanker] trully awesome, much better than a flyswatter.

    Comment


    • #3
      Me, I'm particularly fond of the motorize ice cream cone:

      Cheers,

      Frank Ford
      HomeShopTech

      Comment


      • #4
        I have the flyswatter also. Just be aware that if you swat a wasp or hornet that even though they could glow red hot visibly when swatted that seems to only take about 1/2 the energy out of them. Had it happen, wasp fell to floor and was preparing to take off when a hastily applied "foot of doom" came from above.
        mark costello-Low speed steel

        Comment


        • #5
          I seen a lathe at Harbor Freight that the gibs were missing and they wanted $200. it was a runt lathe and not worth that.

          Harbor Freight is a good place to get cheap wrenches that you dont mind cutting in half. I go there to by cheap crap like that.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lynnl
            Just got back from a trip (mostly unproductive) to Harbor Freight.
            After prowling around searching unsuccessfully for what I wanted, what did I come across?
            You guessed it, an electronic fly swatter!! How cool is that?

            "If you build it, they will come."


            (Darn, I forgot to get batteries for it...)
            I don't remeber who exactly it was,but one of our members here is quite expert in the use of a HF electric fly swatter
            I just need one more tool,just one!

            Comment


            • #7
              Soup up the Swatter

              I use rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride RC model AA 2700 MIAh batteries in mine. When fully charged and I hit a Wasp it actually explodes in mid air. Interesting unit.

              Comment


              • #8
                Jet Powered Beer Cooler

                You haven't seen it all until you've checked this out:

                http://www.asciimation.co.nz/beer/
                Paul A.

                Make it fit.
                You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tattoomike68

                  Harbor Freight is a good place to get cheap wrenches that you dont mind cutting in half. I go there to by cheap crap like that.
                  LOL!!!! i thought i was the only one who went there to buy tools to cut in half.

                  andy b.
                  The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    HF has some pretty good welding clamps with swivel tips. They were cheap enough that I didn't mind cutting them apart and welding in extensions to make some deep throat clamps.


                    I also made some swivel pad covers to grip round bar. The recess on the back has a thin disk of magnetic rubber sheet with a self-adhesive backing to hold them on.



                    That silver object in the background DIDN'T come from HF.

                    Roger
                    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Paul Alciatore
                      You haven't seen it all until you've checked this out:

                      http://www.asciimation.co.nz/beer/
                      I hate cold beer,all the taste has gone out of it.

                      Allan

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Allan Waterfall
                        I hate cold beer,all the taste has gone out of it.
                        A lot of folks in the 'States drink thin, pissy beer fermented from rice. It tastes better when's it cold.
                        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tattoomike68
                          I seen a lathe at Harbor Freight that the gibs were missing and they wanted $200. it was a runt lathe and not worth that.

                          Harbor Freight is a good place to get cheap wrenches that you dont mind cutting in half. I go there to by cheap crap like that.
                          I bought some rolling head pry's, actually two sets since one set is useless. Bad heat treat, snapped two so far with elderly grandma level force.

                          http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=97387

                          If anyone knows of a made in usa supplier of these things, I'd appreciate a link. I use these things quite often at work.



                          Clutch

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Clutch,
                            Those look easy enough to make only using good steel, given any thought to that?
                            They don't have to be pretty!


                            Ken

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by winchman
                              HF has some pretty good welding clamps with swivel tips. They were cheap enough that I didn't mind cutting them apart and welding in extensions to make some deep throat clamps.

                              Roger
                              I have never had any success with any of these that did not say "Vise Grip" on them.
                              I hear, now, they are made in China

                              Are yours working out OK?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X