Been waiting for something at HF -- nows the chance .. 20% off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been waiting for something at HF -- nows the chance .. 20% off

If you been waiting to get that 'something' at Harbor Frt they got a 20% off coupon thru Mon/10 ----

Dickeybird that means you best not wait on that check, and go ahead and get that level

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

I could be wrong.........but I was under the impression that those coupons were "single use" type. Like......once the bar code was scanned........the computer wouldn't let the same coupon be used............??

Anybody know about that..........??

Of coarse........I've got my own coupon through e-mail from HF...........so not a problem for me.........

Thanks..........
    RPease

Comment

Local HF lets me use more than one only requirement is that to keep some A$$es in line happy they have to be separate transactions if there is anybody in line..
      I print two out and then run them thru the copy function. I give them to people at the store when I see they have a big ticket item. Most people say thanks and can't believe it. my version of making some ones day, or paying it forward. I have got it back! 30 sticks of 3/16" wall 2"x1" rectangle tubing 11 feet each for $125.00 for giving a guy a couple coupons.
      Then there the A$$es that want to know what your scam or angle is, I tell them guys ruining your day by giving you the coupon.
      Any I don't use I give the one of the help and they pass the out.
      Don't understand why people just don't sign up at the hf site with a yahoo mail addy get the sales, and coupons they are sending them about every 5 to 7 days 15, 20, 25% off single items and 20% off total orders every month or so!
      Glen
      Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
      I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
      All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Originally posted by RPease
        I could be wrong.........but I was under the impression that those coupons were "single use" type. Like......once the bar code was scanned........the computer wouldn't let the same coupon be used............??
        Harbor Freight posts the 20% coupons on their web page now:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...7&keycode=0000

By the way Bill, in the last 4 months or so, there's always been an active 20% off coupon, so there's no hurry...
        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Bill, I wish CDCO would honor HF coupons or HF would stock that level at the CDCO price!
          Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

They are also in the HF ads in just about all the car mags now too. Car Craft, Hot Rod, PHR. I have at least 4 at the house and one in my email. Times is tough - last year you couldn't hardly buy a 20%er. I'm hunting a full bit set today with a 20% jobber.

AND - the ones in the mags are good till November something.
            Chris
            Merkel, Tx
            http://raceabilene.com/kelly/hotrod

Comment

The new issue of Digital Machinist Magazine contains a 20% off HF coupon that's good until November 5, 2009.
              Just one more reason to subscribe.

(Just one more shameless plug for our sponsor)...sorry guys...couldn't resist

Comment

Geeeeeeeeez, Horror Fright must be making $ hand over fist to be placing all these ads and 20% off coupons in so many magazines !!

I even seen them in Popular Mechanics/Science ! Sort of dumbs down the magazine to see a H/F in the middle of it Of course they've been pretty good about doing that themselves, but that's another story.

H/F coupons nowadays are like Bed, Bath & Beyond coupons, either you get them in the mail, in adverts, magazine, or on the net. If you can't find one, just wait a few days, there'll be more

Mike

Comment

The local branch here honors the 20off coupon on sale items too.My toolgrinder cost me $90.
                  I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience
                    The local branch here honors the 20off coupon on sale items too.My toolgrinder cost me $90.

I think these things are good even for sale items as long as the sale item does not require a separate coupon. If the sale item requires either an E-mail printout coupon or a flyer coupon then the 20% will not apply to that particular item however anything in the store that is just "on sale" and not requiring a coupon for the sale price is eligible. You can use either the sale coupon or the 20% coupon but not both for the same item beause the computer will not accept more than one coupon scan per item, at least this is what was explained to me at the store. Now when you have a "%" off of the entire purchase coupon instead of the single item version it might work since they ring up the entire purchase then deduct from the total, don't know this for sure but it would be worth a try next time they issue one of those "off entire purchase" coupons.

Comment

Now when you have a "%" off of the entire purchase coupon instead of the single item version it might work since they ring up the entire purchase then deduct from the total, don't know this for sure but it would be worth a try next time they issue one of those "off entire purchase" coupons.
                      Yes that's the way they work
                      Glen
                      Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
                      I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
                      All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Originally posted by PTSideshow
                        Yes that's the way they work

I thought so but did not want to say for sure until I either tried it or some one else knew.

Also there seems to be a very common misunderstanding that these coupons can not be used for large "Special order" items from the in-store special order book but they certainly can be. As I have mentioned several times here one of the 20% off coupons saved me a whopping $639.80 on an item from the special order book!

Comment

Working...
                        X