insulating board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insulating board

I am trying to remember the name of some red insulating board we used to use at a plant I worked at. And once someone can help me with a name, can someone point me to a place to get some small scraps.
    thanks.
    Last edited by Bmyers; 08-07-2009, 06:43 PM.

google "micarta"
    Gene

Comment

that's it. Anyone have any scraps to sell ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bmyers
        that's it. Anyone have any scraps to sell ?
        How much? What size/thickness? Does it have to be red?

Comment

1/2" square, about 6" long. doesnt have to be red

Comment

I've got these two pieces:

Up close:

I can get the actual dimensions if you're interested. I may have some other odd-shaped pieces, too.

Roger
            Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Roger,
              PM sent

Comment

Not the same stuff...

You may want the bright red "GPO-3" insulating board, which is NOT the linen-phenolic "micarta" as per the picture, but a glass-epoxy material rated UL 94V-0. That material can be used in direct contact with voltage/opposite polarity, etc.

You can get it in 12 x 12 inch sheets of varying thickness at MSC and also at McMaster-Carr, IIRC.
                CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Working...
                X