Thank you Frank Ford!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Frank Ford!

Dunno if it was just me & my computer but the HSM forum has been dead all morning.

I checked the other forums/fora but was jonesing for more. I clicked on Frank's site and spent a long time going over all the old stuff I haven't read in a couple years. Man, what a GREAT collection of tips and common-sense solutions to machining problems & set-ups. I always come away from a visit to the site excited about working on a new project.

Thanks!
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

No it wasn't your computer...same problem here too.
    I was starting to go into withdrawal without my morning fix of HSM!

I too have to give Frank a big thumbs up for a very interesting and informative site.
    It's like having a free book on machinist's tips and tricks given to you.

Thanks again Frank for all the work you've done to put together such an interesting site.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

How about system maintenance
      Glen
      Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
      I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
      All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Yes, THANK YOU FRANK FORD I have to go to his site about once a week to find a new thingy to do. It's great when someone take the time to put a web site like his together.
        Thanks again
        Mel

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
        Oregon Coast

Comment

Thanks, guys!

I keep up the site for two basic reasons.

1. To instruct others. OK, the real reason is that I'm desperate for attention

2. I find that photographing and writing really helps me "set" things in my memory, smoothes out my technique and makes my work generally better.

As they say, "To teach is to learn twice." I always knew that intellectually, having heard it so many times, but it took me a couple of years of teaching to really feel it. Now, I do as much instructional stuff (string instrument repair) as I can handle, either on the Web or in lecture/demo form at schools and conventions.
          Cheers,

Frank Ford
          HomeShopTech

Comment

Hey teach, can you teach me to play like Tommy Emmanuel?
            Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by DICKEYBIRD
              Hey teach, can you teach me to play like Tommy Emmanuel?

No, but I might be able to teach you to fix his guitar. . .
              Cheers,

Frank Ford
              HomeShopTech

Comment

Working...
              X