ot - Anyone with HD radio experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ot - Anyone with HD radio experience?

The story is this. There was a radio station here in the Columbus area that I enjoyed listening to all the time. They have decided that they would change the programming on the station from music to (touchy feely) talk radio from 5am-9am and 5pm-9pm. Not only do I feel nauseous when listening but mostly, thats the only time that I can listen to it.

But, they put the music on HD radio 24-7. Ok, I decided that I would go out and get an HD radio. Until I looked at the prices. I saw a cheap crappy HD radio for $50. That was about the cheapest.

So, if I'm going to buy an expensive (to me) HD receiver then I might as well get what I want. But I cant find a HD receiver that has a Toslink or fiber output. Is it me or doesn't it make sense to have a fiber output with digital surround etc when you go digital?

Yes I know that I could stream the internet to a device and use that to access the music but I dont want to do this for various reasons.

Has anyone switched over? Are all of the complaints about poor reception solid?
    Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

I have HD radio in my car, and I haven't noticed any reception issues.

There are inexpensive HD radios with optical and coaxial outputs:

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-audi...-33360952.html
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Working...
    X