gear reductions for hobbist. .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear reductions for hobbist. .

i have saved a couple gear reductions for anyone that may be interested, one is from a 2 h.p. dewalt table saw, the other one is a 90 degree angle head from a 7-9" sander grinder. the armatures and armature bearings are still in tack and the armatures themselves are junk. useful only as the drive or driven shaft for whatever project one may have.

no charge of course, just pay shipping from n.w. wisconsin.

tooldoc at cheqnet dot net
    davidh

Awsome! Could you estimate the gear ratios for us?
    (just put a pen mark on the shaft/houseing and rotate the other shaft and count turns till the pen mark lines up again)

I never thought about stealing gearboxes from tools..

Where the output shafts used at 3600rpm or slower for the table saw gearbox?

being a 7~9" angle grinder the 90 degree one I guess is used for 7,000rpm output or something?
    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Another place to find gear boxes in junk riding lawn mowers.

mark61

Comment

ratios are about 8:1 reduction of course. shafts are 5/8"

Originally posted by davidh
        i have saved a couple gear reductions for anyone that may be interested, one is from a 2 h.p. dewalt table saw, the other one is a 90 degree angle head from a 7-9" sander grinder. the armatures and armature bearings are still in tack and the armatures themselves are junk. useful only as the drive or driven shaft for whatever project one may have.

no charge of course, just pay shipping from n.w. wisconsin.

tooldoc at cheqnet dot net
        davidh

Comment

Working...
        X