This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish justice is VICIOUS!!!

man, i thought Turkish prisons had a bad reputation, you guys in Scotland are cruel. that poor guy served almost 20 years in prison. that works out to one month for each person he killed. that is crazy. i could see maybe a day per person, but an entire MONTH????

what happens when you steal old ladies' pension checks? i bet you get spanked with the cat-o-nine-tails and given a lollipop, and probably one of those crappy flavors like root beer.

from the posts by Alistair i thought the Scots were much more humane. remind me never to commit any crimes if i visit Scotland.

andy b.
    The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

So what are you saying ??

20 x 12 = 240

So some guy killed 240 people and ALL he got was 20 years ?

I think we're missing some information here. Please provide some links for information.

Comment

I thought he originally got life, and they let him out in 8 years, because he had terminal prostate cancer. And then, Qaddafi sent his private jet to bring him home to Libya...

Of course, I've heard you can be shot or blown to bits in Scotland for stealing a bicycle, unless it's a girl's bike.
      No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

Certainly questionable, letting this guy who helped bomb a plane, and kill innocent people go. Not alistairs fault though, there was probably some trade or promises made in diplomacy and many countries involved, for whatever solace this may be for the victims of Lockerbie.
        CCBW, MAH

Comment

The guy was greeted as a hero when he made it home to Libya.

Clutch

Comment

Yeah, and it was just a few years ago that the news media and the gubbermint was saying as much as Moe-e-mar kadaffy and libya was a reformed terrorist/terrorist state and were now friends of the US and its allies.

oh well, enough said on this topic, I have a CNC sherline and a mastercam post processer to work on.
            CCBW, MAH

Comment

He killed 270 people on Pam Am 103, got 27yrs, released after 8yrs due to advanced prostate cancer... They say he has less than a month to live...

Should have let him die in prison.. Why should he get a chance to say good bye to friend and family when those he killed didnt have a chance to?

Comment

Why should we have to bury him? He's nearly dead any way let them bastards bury him..

Ironically Ronnie Biggs, one of the great train robbers has just been released. The powers that be have always sid they would not release him on parole.

He's also got terminal cancer so low and behold he gets released as well so when he pops his clogs in a matter of weeks someone else has to clear up the mess and pay the bills.

Who said government's don't care

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye.Many people feel that all did not come out in the first trial, and that an impending appeal would have maybe brought up to many unsavory questions or rather answers to those questions un-asked and un-answered in the first trial.It is strange how the appeal now rather conveniently for some will not go ahead. He was quickly released and moved out of the country.It seems MR Gordon Brown and Mr Barrack Obama want to remain friendly to our new brother colonel Gadaffi also because of the oil.In any case the fact is that a man who is or is not guilty is imminently about to die if that's freedom then I don't want it.One thing is sure this was politically motivated by many other than Scotland.It will all come out in the end I am sure but many experts feel he was not involved or at the very least did not work alone .Remember America bombed the bejeesus out of Libya and killed many libyans after this explosion which caused the crash, so if it was actually Iran and not Libya as was also suggested as retaliation following the bringing down of an Iranian airliner by American forces by mistake. I am afraid in stressful times these things happen .Whether it was Libya Iran or someone else I am sure we will deliberate on for along time .I do feel sorry for him "only if he is innocent" as his time in a Greenock prison was not very pleasant ,remember I repeat "only if he is innocent " we don't know do we.The experts! as I am piecing this together myself, say much was missing or withheld from the original trial and many experts were waiting anxiously for the opening of the impending appeal trial.So we just don't at this moment know , and must wait,it will be revealed eventually I suppose . If he was guilty then he deserves to spend his time in prison .However if he is dying then he should be released in my opinion weeks as seems it is before his death maybe that shows we are not as evil as those who strike against us. I can tell you the Scottish nation are not against punishment where it is due and rightly so.But also are an extremely compassionate society. But this man has to deal with higher power now if he is guilty then he has by all accounts weeks to prepare to meet his maker and no more than weeks or maybe a few months according to expert medical testimony,of that there is no doubt (he is dying).Alistair
                  Last edited by Alistair Hosie; 08-20-2009, 05:06 PM.
                  Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                    Why should we have to bury him? He's nearly dead any way let them bastards bury him..

Ironically Ronnie Biggs, one of the great train robbers has just been released. The powers that be have always sid they would not release him on parole.

He's also got terminal cancer so low and behold he gets released as well so when he pops his clogs in a matter of weeks someone else has to clear up the mess and pay the bills.

Who said government's don't care
                    the jock strap has probably cost our country hundreds of thousands in MPs time arguing.

and upset the Americans ..again this could cost.

now terrorists will be arguing in court that they should only get 11.5 days per death.

all the best.markj

Comment

My heart goes out to the parents, &other family members of the unfortunate victims of that horrendous Pan-Am disaster, and the poor folks of Lockerbie as well, This whole dispute, with the middle east over the last thirty odd years, has cost humanity nothing but misery both over here and in the Arab countries also
                      As for Mehgrabi, Was he guilty? i dont know, Should he have been released on compassionate grounds? our justice minister was on a no win situation there, which will haunt him for ever, I think maybe by releasing this man, we might show our Arab "brothers" we have more compassion than they have, which would not be hard, Should it have been a Britisher or American in the custody of most of the Arab countries in a mirror image scenario of that outrage, What sympathy would they have shown? And even more importantly what sort of treatment would he have recieved at the hands of his captors ?
                      When this Libyan was detained in Glasgows Barlinnie prison, his conditions by all accounts were much better than that of a typical prisoner held in the Scottish legal system, his own segregated cell with many creature comforts, At his request he asked to be sent to Greenock prison, to be amongst persons of his own ethnicity Seems strange to me that such a high profile prisoner should be able to request a transfer Certainly with the dreadfull illness he has now ravaging his body, it would seem his freedom will be short lived
                      As regards the ever growing band of criminal scumbags, who are incarcerated in our penal institutions in my fair country, the punishment does not seem to fit the crime or deter them for re-offending upon their only too premature release, Their human rights come high up on the agenda, they are well fed dont need to work, (totally discouraged) given plenty of Methadone for their self inflicted "illness" They dont half know how to play the human rights card, behave like morons with no respect for the officers guarding them
                      OOPS I Forgot! Their human rights must be strictly enforced, Pity our stupid members of parliament dont think on the little old ladies, ordinary citizens etc, who are the lawful prey of these guys, Where are their human rights? Within the last two years, a brand new state of the art prison was opened at Addiewell near Edinburgh, What happened, Within a few weeks the inmates trashed a sizable part of the facility, This does not strike me as being a country which has a brutal prison regime,
                      What worries me a little i live under the flight path for Glasgow airport, Should the Pan -Am bomb exploded five minutes later i dread to think, and the death toll would have even more appalling, I have visited the memorial at Lockerbie, and it leaves one with a lump in ones throat and a feeling of deep saddness for all the unfortunate lives cruelly taken away, in an act of unimaginable evil.

Comment

By golly those Scots are mean,they could have hung the bastard 8 years ago and saved all his misery.
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Isn't letting a terminally ill convict the law over there? I think it sucks too,letting him go.

Comment

Well, they could have given him a pill or drink of something to be sure he would be DOA.
                            It's only ink and paper

Comment

I say release them to the servitude of their victims families. Only regulation - you can't release them. No need to return them living either.

I think that would clear up some issues with prison over crowding and cost to house these scumbags. Hold a lottery to see which victim gets them first in instances where there's more than one. Even with 5 guards to keep them from escaping (assuming the servitude keeps them alive), it's still cheaper than housing them in prison.

Once you violate someone else's life, you don't have rights IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X