Used machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used machines

Would like to know the name of a reputable used machine dealer. Any one you feel is or is not a good one would help me in my search. I am leaning toward the Hardinge or the look alikes.
    Thank you, Jay

I can give you the name of one I have dealt with in the Detroit area, but I believe you are located in Florida? How far are you willing to travel?

George
    George
    Traverse City, MI

Comment

I also had a good experience with a dealer in the Detroit area,-- but as George said, it would be a big help if we knew where you were/where you wanted to look, etc.

George, mine was "Expert Machine Repair, Inc" in the Fraser area of DTW, dealt with Jeffery Novak, -- he treated me NICE!
      If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

There's one just round the corner from me, real cheap.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I picked up my lathe from Richard Triemstra in Detroit. He can also be found at the Cabin Fever and NAMES shows. He had a big selection of home shop sized equipment when I was there last winter. I’m very happy with the lathe and would have likely still been looking if it wasn’t for Richard.

George
          George
          Traverse City, MI

Comment

Craig Donges from Berlin Center Ohio (he can be found at practical machinist) has a good selection of hobby machines and is a good person to deal with

Comment

I bought a lathe, a vertical slotter for a Bridgeport and some misc. tools from Lost Creek Machine. www.lostcreekmachine.com I have been pleased with the service and responses from them.

Comment

I bought a Burke milling machine from a large dealer in Hialeah(sp?) years ago. I think the dealer's name was Harry Hollander.

P.S. I just Googled Holland Machinery. It is in Miami.
                Last edited by gwilson; 08-21-2009, 07:11 PM.

Comment

reguardless how well known the seller is id HIGHLY recommend seeing anything used in person (BRING A TDI! use it! Bring a test bar and mount for the TDI too! check the gibs! etc) before buying it. Whats acceptable to some may be unacceptable for you.
                  Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Had good luck with Astra tool in Grapevine Tex.
                    Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
                    http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
                    http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

Sabrejet, A location in your profile is always helpful and it does not have to be specific.

'Round here,

Industrial machinery in Columbus - some good deals, some fair
                      Bero Machine out past Newark - nice fellow, has a bit of this and that

rock~
                      Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by lane
                        Had good luck with Astra tool in Grapevine Tex.
                        I also enjoyed dealing with Astra Tool in Grapvine Tx. I stopped in twice and spent some time with Dave looking at lathes and mills. Dave was very matter of fact about the condition of the equipment he was selling. He took the time to tell me what deficiencies each piece had and what it would take (work and cost) to put it back into top condition. I was pleasantly surprised with his attitude and will look to him first when I upgrade to a brigeport.

Tim

Comment

I have use Machinery Values twice and am very satisfied. Both machines were better than they were described as when I talked to the owner. I bought one Bridgeport and one lathe and some odd tooling. This man has new and used machinery and quite a stockpile of parts.

They have two websites, the old one is mvalues.com (which I prefer) and the new one is machineryvalues.com

Ask for David Valitt. A very nice, honest person...which is quite rare in the business.

They ship worldwide.

Comment

Working...
                          X