South Bend Shaper Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Bend Shaper Sale

Found the shaper sale on the government surplus site. They are auctioning 13 South Bend Shapers. They look new in the pictures. Just wish the sale was closer. The Texas boys should be happy. JIm

www.govliquidation.com/list/c7287/lna/1.html

I like this one,
    http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...tionId=2579007

Owned by the same government that wants to control our health care.
    Mark Hockett

Comment

Originally posted by JBL37
      Found the shaper sale on the government surplus site. They are auctioning 13 South Bend Shapers. They look new in the pictures. Just wish the sale was closer. The Texas boys should be happy. JIm
      That's up near Texarkana--About 600 miles from me. I'm not one of the happy ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hockett
        I like this one,

Owned by the same government that wants to control our health care.
        Oh come on Mark, the description says ''horizontal'' they were just trying to get it in the right position for the photo and then it rained for a couple of years.

Steve

Comment

Anybody know when these were last available from South Bend? Do you really think there are 13 available and it's not a listing repeated in error? If so, that's just amazing.

Comment

I think they really have 13 of them. Only a 100 miles away but I don't need one to small for a replacement for the 32" G&E anyway

Comment

[QUOTE=Mark Hockett]I like this one,
              QUOTE]

Obviously that one is for doing MULTIPLE angle milling!

mark61

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen
                That's up near Texarkana--About 600 miles from me. I'm not one of the happy ones.
                Yea, Texas is a bigggggggggggggggggg state. Over 800 miles across on I-10. And I have driven it many times.
                Paul A.
                SE Texas

Make it fit.
                You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

i kind of think it's a listing error. they don't usually use the same photos for multiple listings of the same equipment, in my general experience. of course, maybe the guys running the show now learned their listing tips from fleabay.

andy b.
                  The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore
                    Yea, Texas is a bigggggggggggggggggg state. Over 800 miles across on I-10.
                    -800 miles won't even get me to the border.

i kind of think it's a listing error. they don't usually use the same photos for multiple listings of the same equipment, in my general experience.
                    -Indeed they do. If they have multiples of the same lot, and they're reasonably identical, they reuse the same photo. I see it quite often.

Recently the local GL had three or four aircraft starter carts- or what was left of them. Each one was missing different pieces, one was little more than a frame with wheels and a pile of wiring. They used one photo- of the most complete one- for all the listings. Right now, they have two different diesel engines listed, and again, same pic for both.

Doc.
                    Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Those are 13 individual machines,look at the lot number.

I've been in a couple G'mint warehouses,you would not believe the crap in them.I did also see several NOS SB heavy 10's new in the crate in one.Shipping date was 1978 it was 91' IIRC when I saw them.

I have also seen what they waste
                      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Soon to be upside down lathe,if it isn't already-

http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...01&picNumber=1
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience
                          Soon to be upside down lathe,if it isn't already-

http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...01&picNumber=1
                          They ain't going to tip it over yet, it still needs to spend the winter outside and get seasoned real good first

I saw what were some real nice lathes sitting in a fenced in lot at Sharp Army Depot while I was on a job there a few years ago. The guy in charge told Me it would be a year or more befor they could let the public bid on them.
                          Oh, and of course moving them under cover is just stupid.

For the life of Me , I just don't see the reasoning behind ruining stuff on purpose.

Steve

Comment

They do use the same pictures if the lots are the about the same. I bid on several different toolpost grinder kits where the pictures were the same but the description identified actual items in the lot you were bidding on. Items missing were listed in the description.

Comment

Originally posted by JBL37

www.govliquidation.com/list/c7287/lna/1.html
                              The auction has been posted all over now -- it's going to be a feeding frenzy.
                              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Working...
                              X