OT; import favorites to Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT; import favorites to Firefox

If I import/export my favorites from IE6 to Firefox will it remove them completely from IE or does it just copy?
    Len

FF should merely copy the IE favorites.

BTW, the Xmarks add-on (formerly Foxmarks) for FF now claims to work with IE and Safari, as well. I don't think it works with IE6, though. I highly recommend using Xmarks to store your bookmarks on the web so you can access them from any computer.

Comment

It just copies them.

Specifically, it exports your bookmarks as a giant .HTML page with all your links listed hierarchically.

Some folks post the bookmarks.html file on their web page, so they and their friends can just click on the links.
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by MTNGUN
        the Xmarks add-on (formerly Foxmarks) for FF now claims to work with IE and Safari, as well.
        Hey, Xmarks is great! It allows you to search and sync your bookmarks across multiple machines. Thanks for that MTN!
        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Wow!
          Thank you, that is slick.
          Firefox is yards better.
          Len

Comment

Working...
          X