rotary table and deviding plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rotary table and deviding plates

I have a 8" dayton rotary table.The model is a 2ac32. Would anyone know if I can get deviding plates for this or not. This table is a little big for my machine so I no not know if I should sell it for a smaller one with plates or try and get them for this one. I have never used a rotery table before but would like to try it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by mark42; 08-23-2009, 05:48 PM.

I haven't seen rotary tables with divider plates. The ones I have seen are just marked in degrees at the hand wheel. The dividing heads do have plates with holes to get various settings for the part to be machined.

That would be an interesting feature, maybe there are some set up that way.
    It's only ink and paper

Comment

Well it shows you how much I know about it. witch one would I get more use out of. And is this one I have worth any thing to sell to put the money into a rotary index

Comment

Many rotary tables have provisions for dividing plates.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Mark, Vertex rotary tables are but one make that are capable of useing dividing plates, You may want to buy the book by George H. Tomas titled "Worshop Techniques" ISBN 1 85761 106 3 or a book thru the people that own this web site "The Shop Wisdom of Philip Duclos" ISBN 0 941653 04 8, More than enough information for you to build plates for your rotary table, You would need to design a way to fasten them to the hand wheel spindle tho. Me, I'd buy both books as there's a huge ammount of other info in both of them.

Pete

Comment

Re: Dividing plates

Our 12" Troyke at work took plates. You took the nut off the hand wheel and removed the crank and dial, installed the plate and an adjustable crossbar with a handle that had a spring loaded pin on the back side. You adjusted the handle/pin to line up with the circle that you needed to get the hole spacing you desired. There was a chart that told you what circle, how many holes and how many spaces you had to count to get the setup you wanted.
            Jim (KB4IVH)

Only fools abuse their tools.

Comment

Working...
            X