Finally sold my 9in SB lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally sold my 9in SB lathe

I had a old late 20's 9 in SB lathe that was taking up space in my garage. I advertised it on Craigs List, and had quite a few calls. The second guy who looked at it bought it for 300.00. What started the sale of the lathe was I needed to make space for my newly acqired import mill. By the time I moved a few things around, and moved one of my old motorcycles to my barn, I can walk around just about all ares of my garage now. If I had known better when I had my house built in the 70's I could have made my garage much larger. How many others have a space in a garage too small? Stan

All of us!

Keith

Comment

HSM rule tools grow to overfill any amount of sapce.

Peter
      I have tools I don't know how to use!!

Comment

You have a garage? Lucky, I have two 8'x8' rooms or so.
        Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

I moved a horiz mill to the living room to make space for a cnc mill.

Comment

One of my friends has his shop in a three floor, 33,000 sq. ft. chicken barn. Fifteen years ago when he bought it, he commented on how he'd never fill that much space. Need I say more?

Comment

trap: Id do that, but I worry about how strong my living room floor is
              Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

If your house is built on a slab, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by trap
                  I moved a horiz mill to the living room to make space for a cnc mill.
                  If you're still working for a living, stop, you belong on a speakers tour

Comment

I live in a trailer, but it was only an Atlas horiz mill. The cnc is a Bostomatic 300 and it is on the porch.
                    I am retired from fishing, but still work full time.......for a machinery dealer.

Comment

Mills in the living room? The machines would be too much weight upstairs*, so they are in the basement.

The garage is too cold in winter, and besides it is too full of engines and miscellaneous agricultural type equipment for any shop purposes. Yes, it is too small, and it has had a vehicle in it ONE time, when there was supposed to be a hailstorm. There wasn't, and now I couldn't get a Honda 125 in there without moving things. Now that I recall, there WAS a Honda in there some time ago, behind a big bale of fiberglass cloth.

Anyway, no way the shop could be there, I have only room for a small workbench, a drillpress, and a rollaround. The rest is full of tillers, mowers, and etc.

* the weight of the library is already threatening the floors.... machines added to that would not be a good idea.

Keep eye on ball.
                      Hashim Khan

Comment

Working...
                      X