Starret marking rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starret marking rule

Picked this little rule up on the old fleabay, never seen one like it before, one end[the zero] was rustwelded but a drop of malt [for me] and wd40 for it fixed it, I must say its a joy to use, radii or coord is easy with it, does the lot.
    mark

I never saw a rule like that either. But I have seen vernier trammel points like that.

Comment

boslab

You might post on the antique section of PM. Some very knowledgable collectors there and a good friendly vibe on that section. I hope you do as you have my curiousity up.
      Jon Bohlander
      My PM Blog

Comment

1938 Catalog

My 1938 #26 Starrett catalog lists it as a Micrometer Caliper Gage #24.

The descriptor says it is specially adapted to the tire industry for measuring molds. The 12 inch was priced at $16.75 The 24 inch was listed for checking flywheel gears and was $20.00.

There was a #24A which had 4 inch deep jaws and a stiffining rod 48 inch only and $50.00. A 24M was the metric model.

Comment

Originally posted by Stepside
          My 1938 #26 Starrett catalog lists it as a Micrometer Caliper Gage #24.

The descriptor says it is specially adapted to the tire industry for measuring molds. The 12 inch was priced at $16.75 The 24 inch was listed for checking flywheel gears and was $20.00.

There was a #24A which had 4 inch deep jaws and a stiffining rod 48 inch only and $50.00. A 24M was the metric model.
          Thank you, it sure was a pricy bit of kit, but it is dam good, i'm suprised these things are not available anymore, much like the endless range of Stanley tools
          regards
          mark

Comment

Working...
          X