Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Bulk e-mail problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT: Bulk e-mail problem

    I've been using a bulk mail program for several years.It's Valen as recommended by Evan(thanks again).

    It has worked fine,until last week when my ISP started using an outgoing mail quota.They are rigid on the limit per hour which is 50.

    I have tried breaking the mail up into 10 message lots and sending it and most times it bugs out after the sixth message.It;s basically unusable.

    Are there any ways around this.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

  • #2
    You may want to check this out, I use it from sending 1 email with pictures in them to groups. I use the free version you can time it so it doesn't trip the spam cop in comcast isp only do so many a minute etc.
    http://www.group-mail.com/asp/common/default.asp
    Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

    Comment


    • #3
      Talk to your ISP tech support and explain you are not sending spam. Tell them that this is valid business e-mail such as billing etc and you MUST be able to send this mail. Ask them to set up their e-mail program to accept bulk mail on a different port than normal e-mail. They CAN do this regardless of what they may say. If they say they can't do it suggest they hire more knowlegeable IT staff. The Vallen e-mailer can be set to whatever outgoing port you require.

      If none of the above works then set yourself up a Host Papa.com account for $4.95 per month. It has no limits on anything including e-mail in and out, bandwidth or storage, domain names, etc. Vallen will work with it just fine. Let me know how you make out and I will help you set it up if necessary.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for that Evan.I'm still in progress on the ISP route.I've been through online tech support,India and Live tech support,also India both referred me to an 888 number,also in India,I see a pattern forming here

        The local office is sales only,they did tell me to walk in to they're office three towns over,they are supposed to have a Guru there,we shall see.Somehow I think they are going to try and sell me something.
        I just need one more tool,just one!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wierdscience
          Thanks for that Evan.I'm still in progress on the ISP route.I've been through online tech support,India and Live tech support,also India both referred me to an 888 number,also in India,I see a pattern forming here

          The local office is sales only,they did tell me to walk in to they're office three towns over,they are supposed to have a Guru there,we shall see.Somehow I think they are going to try and sell me something.
          If you're in a hurry to get this month's billing out I can route your mail through my system. Same rate as papa.com but you don't need to speak German.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dp
            If you're in a hurry to get this month's billing out I can route your mail through my system. Same rate as papa.com but you don't need to speak German.
            Thanks for the offer,but it's not billing,my accountants Vinnie and Rocko handle that
            I just need one more tool,just one!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wierdscience
              Thanks for the offer,but it's not billing,my accountants Vinnie and Rocko handle that
              I might be married to their sister, Big Red. I tell my customers my accountant is a redhead and I'm not afraid to use her!

              Comment


              • #8
                bulk email

                I'm the state secretary for a rather large organization and have run into the same problem. Limited to 50 per hour and 500 per day which didn't cover one message. Several phone calls (India) got no results, on line tech support got no where but by jigging there automated respose with several return messages requesting a limit waiver, I'm apparently cleared to exceed their limit.

                Bill

                Comment

                Working...
                X