Got told I was dead today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got told I was dead today

Went for my Saturday morning coffee. When I walked into the local diner I go to one of the group looks at me and says "We thought you were dead". Another guy, same name, same age, same spelling passed away thursday. And the thing is it was not the first time I'd been mistaken for him.
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

wow. glad you're not

what was that movie, "Snake I thought you were dead". wasn't memorable except for the repetitious line.

get a relative to request and copy of the death certificate and send it to the CRA (or your IRS) the next time the [email protected]#$# bother you
    in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Don't forget to apply for your Soc. Sec. death benefits. Better now than later.
      Wayne

Comment

maybe you did pass away, and so did the people you were talking to.

andy b.
        The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver
          wow. glad you're not

what was that movie, "Snake I thought you were dead". wasn't memorable except for the repetitious line.
          Escape From New York. how could you not remember that movie.

andy b.
          The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

I'm thinking of going to the wake just so I can sign the book
            Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

About 10-15 years ago, there was a guy in Florida that died. One of the big banks had a person checking obituaries, so they could immediately freeze accounts if appropriate. He froze the account, and reported it to the Gummit. Turns out there were 2 guys on that street with the same name and even MI, and he reported their depositor, which was the wrong one. So, this guy now has no access to his money in the bank, and was officially dead, at least to Social Security, so those checks were gone. It took him years to straighten it out.
              Mike

Comment

Wasn't it Mark Twain who, upon returning from one of his many voyages, said, "Reports of my death are greatly exagerated".

In your case, the reports seem to have been exagerated. I'm glad to hear this.

Comment

Years ago in the 70's I received a letter from a group of accountants addressed specifically to me. On opening it I discover a cheque for a little over $1000 made out to me at my address. A notation on the cheque states it is for the recent winnings of my race horse.

Well, we didn't have a race horse and were driving a clapped out Austin Cambridge for which I paid $90 so I could afford my airplane. I called the accountants and explained their mistake. I was told that they would never make such a mistake and if the cheque is made out to you then you may cash it.

Very tempting when that was approximately an entire month's salary. But it would have been fraud regardless of what I was told on the phone so I sent it back to the accountants.

In an earlier event one day in Edmonton while I was at work just a few months after we were married the police showed up at the door of our apartment asking my wife where I was. They were indeed looking for Evan Williams which is actually a very uncommon name. They wouldn't elaborate but my wife said it was clear that had I been there I would have been going for a ride. She ended up showing them our wedding pictures which convinced them they had the wrong person. She wasn't at all certain that would work...
                  Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

[QUOTE=Evan

She ended up showing them our wedding pictures which convinced them they had the wrong person. She wasn't at all certain that would work...[/QUOTE]

You got to admit showing wedding pictures gets rid of most people.

Comment

LOL, a lot.

Phil

Originally posted by Mark McGrath

Comment

Originally posted by Spin Doctor
                        ...Another guy, same name, same age, same spelling... And the thing is it was not the first time I'd been mistaken for him....

Really? Another guy named Spin Doctor? Jeez, eh? Small world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark McGrath
                          lol, got to remember that one for the guest that just don't know when to leave
                          in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark McGrath
                            My buddy frog came home to a young man sitting on his porch.. he told frog that he was waiting on Janie to get off work.. Frog asked him.. you mean Janie my wife?? He got a wedding picture off the mantle, showed it to him, the guy said.. yeah, that is Janie, but Janie I know is not married, I been dating her for six months..

Frog said he sat there for a while, then left. Janie did too later that night. I looked over there and Janie ran at him with a Butcher knife, he knocked her out and off the porch.. I hollered over that I didn't want to witness anything, so he grabbed her by a ankle and dragged her up the steps.. her head thumping each one.. She got into "her" car later on that night and left, I saw that.. both eyes swelling shut.. Frog even kept the butcher knife.

It is much easier to go through this world honest with your mate.
                            Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Just wait until all your credit cards are canceled, loans called in etc. Now you have to explain and prove that it wasn't you who died.
                              The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X