This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT/ Woke up on Mars This morning!

Red dust storms blanketing large parts of the country.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

Oldtiffe got rattled by an Earth Tremmor.

Damn Global Warming!!
    Michael

Australia

that's kind of neat looking. although i'm sure the people stuck in it don't think so. then again, is the sky really that color, or has the photo just been color enhanced to show the non-visible spectrum?

andy b.
    Last edited by andy_b; 09-22-2009, 07:12 PM.
    The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Looks kind of neat, at a guess I'd say it was a real-color photo. All the other lights show up as normally colored, and the green shows up nicely. Most often enhancing one color really screws up others.

Didn't see that, But have seen days where the it was just as red, also when when everything had a very greenish cast.

Ken

Comment

Like I said in the other thread, your brain can adjust to just about anything when it comes to colour balance.

They serious fiddled the strength of the orange sky, boosting it way up and also warmed up the entire scene way too much to be real. This is how it really looked. The lights look white either way because they overexposed the sensor. But, the woman on the curb shouldn't be orange. Neither should the street in the near ground ESPECIALLY NOT where it's reflecting the car headlight.

We been scammed by the media again.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

The pictures shown are real!
          At 5:30 this morning, the sky was red and visibility was less than 50 metres (I couldn't see the other side of a 4 lane road.)

The sky is still orange/yellow and you can taste the dust in the air.
          Last edited by tumutbound; 09-23-2009, 04:14 AM.
          Regards
          Geoff
          My place.

Comment

It blew!!!

Originally posted by miker
            Red dust storms blanketing large parts of the country.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

Oldtiffe got rattled by an Earth Tremmor.

Damn Global Warming!!
            Yep.

The winds blew the dog off the chain and my Uncle off my Auntie!!! Again!!!

Comment

You can't trust your own eyes. If I measure the color balance of the headlight reflection it's orange. But headlights are white so the reflection must be white. The photo has been fiddled. I should know, I've done it professionally for many years.

Comment

You must have bloody good eyesight if you can see from BC to Sydney.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I said the photo is fiddled. You cannot trust your eyes when you look at a photo as your brain will compensate for the colour balance.

See the small selection on the street? The street isn't orange and neither is the headlight so the reflection shouldn't be orange but it is. The histogram shows that the image has much more red (stronger is to the right) than it should. The reflection should be fairly well balanced in red, green and blue.

Comment

Two people in OZ say it is like that.

One person in BC, 9,000 miles away says it isn't ?

Just like you modifying that picture of Myford's factory and telling me, who worked across the road from it for 19 years, what it looked like.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I don't have Evan's (undoubted) expertise at photography so can only believe my own eyes - which are full of dust right now.
                      Regards
                      Geoff
                      My place.

Comment

Hey Dont Worry

Each and every one of us is going to Die. Problem?? problems you THINK you have Gone . Oh well ??

Comment

Here's a photo I took in 2007, during a large forest fire that was about 50 miles away.

I can state with fair certainty that what you're seeing in this photo, is very, very close to what it looked like to the naked eye. After taking the photo, I could compare it to what I was seeing outside, just by turning my head and looking out the window.

Yes, my skin looked orange, the yellow-tan barn looked orange, grass and the green car just plain looked weird. Bright red looked maroon, black stuff was vaguely purple, and my white-and-grey cat went sepia.

I have no difficulty at all believing the original photo above is actually that tone/color. They may indeed have 'enhanced' it a bit, but I strenuously doubt to the degree Evan suggests. Mainly because I doubt the green traffic light was actually blue as Evan shows.

Doc.
                          Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

It Is Real!!!!

I can't beleive this crap!!

My wife took these pictures out of our bedroom window first thing this morning. They are about an hour apart.

The dark one is the earlier one just after sun up.

You should be able to see the trees on the other side of the valley about a half a Kilometer away but the visibility just ends a hundred meters or so away.

Definetly not altered by us. Wouldn't know how!

Our cars are covered in red dust and we still can not see the other side of the valley.

Rgds
                            Michael

Australia

Comment

I'm not saying it doesn't look like that, I am saying the photo is altered. You cannot trust your eye to judge colour correctly, not even close. No two people see colour the same. That is why they make colourimeters.

The part about how the headlight is reflecting is indisputable evidence that the colour balance has been changed from what it should be. There is no question.

Comment

Working...
                              X