Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans

Looking for plans for mobile crawler crane. Spotted an AD in an old copy Nov/Dec 1984 The Home Shop Machinist. Plans were by BUD KAHN out of MT Vernon WA. Does anyone know if they are still available or out of business.
    Tks

Dunno if it was built from plans, but someone exhibited a scale-model crawler crane at the Buckley, MI show a few years ago. IIRC, it had a Briggs or Honda engine, I think the hoisting gear was modeled after the original, with friction clutches & brakes. The traction drive might have been hydraulic, I don't remember. It had about 30' or more of boom, made from wood, believe it or not, and could lift at least 300#. I don't remember how the tracks were constructed; the cab was mostly plywood.

Comment

Don't know if he's still around or in business, but I have a set of the plans. PM me.
      Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
      ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Originally posted by badry
        Looking for plans for mobile crawler crane. Spotted an AD in an old copy Nov/Dec 1984 The Home Shop Machinist. Plans were by BUD KAHN out of MT Vernon WA. Does anyone know if they are still available or out of business.
        Tks
        http://www.whitepages.com/search/Fin....+vernon%2C+wa

shows five (5) KAHNs in Mt. Vernon, WA

Comment

Working...
        X