Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanks for OxyAcetylene welding.

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 03-19-2004).]

I don't know about that. I just went to the dealer, bought the tanks, and trade them in each time for filled tanks.
    If I move, or want to get out of welding, I sell them back to that dealer. (Or another that deals in that brand of gas, Airco in this case.)
    The trade in value today is more than I paid for them 12 or 13 years ago, and I don't need to worry about reinspection, lease or rental fees and so forth.
    Jim H.

Comment

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 03-08-2004).]

Comment

It's called inflation.
        Jim H.

Comment

Comment

I have my tanks through a local supply, $50 per tank per year x argon tanks, x acetylene tanks, x oxygen tanks, x trimix tanks, x propane forge tank.... Yeah a lot of rental fees...

I am interested in the security deposit ideal...

I think I had a deal before $150 for 5 years for the ox-acet tanks.

You can purchase the small tanks. They are always empty around here. Easiest to use?

David.....

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 09-24-2003).]

Comment

Comment

They buy them back for 75 or 80 percent of current price which is more than 100 percent of what I paid for them that long ago.
                Check with your supplier, there are different adaptors for oxygen & acetylene tanks. Most suppliers will provide an adaptor to fit your regulators, usually at no cost.
                Jim H.

Comment

Comment

Guess I got real lucky. The previous owner of my sisters property left behind a set of large oxy/ac tanks and after several years of never turning back up they became mine.

I had them tested and filled. I actually had to trade down the ac tank because it was so big it wouldn't fit the trolley next to the oxy tank.

Probably why they weren't on a trolley to start with.

Comment

I just buy my tanks. When you take them in to refill, you get a "tested" tank back. I just got a 122cu.ft. Argon tank a few months back. Filled, it was right around $190. (TTL-out the door).
                      If I ever want to sell it, I'll get the Then Prevailing Rate. $200 sounds good already! Also, I'm not restricted to where I can have it refilled (exchanged). If one place is out of my size, I can go to another. The last time I check on a lease, you had to take it back to that company.

Comment

The other advantage to trading tanks in every time is you get a bottle that is tested and certified every time.

Also, I would not buy the larger C2H2 tank - you use way more oxygen up anyway (1:2.5+).

Comment

Comment

PGm: you ask"At about what size do these tanks become more stationary than portable?"

In my experience limited to having lived only one life- it is very much a function of age. I traded larger tanks for smaller when the dolly and tanks became too hard to get over bumps. Should have put bigger wheels on the truck.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X