What is a DIN 55021 spindle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a DIN 55021 spindle?

In my search for a lathe, I found the Precision Matthews PM1127VF has a DIN 55021 spindle.
    http://www.machinetoolonline.com/PM-1127-VF.html
    How does that compare to the D1-X camlock mounts? Is DIN 55021 an oddball mount?
    Gary

Nip across to the "ROHM" website and bang in DIN55021

Regards Ian.
    You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Even easier.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/latheparts/page11.html

Comment

The stud hole dimeter of 21mm on the Short Taper with bayonet Fitting Din 55022 size no. 3 (second table) is clearly wrong.

Just a thought
        Phil

Originally posted by Limy Sami

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will steer clear.
          Gary

Comment

I've got their PM1027 and if the chuck mount is the same it has three SHCS that come in from the back slide of the mounting surface on the spindle. As I understand it the original EMCO 8" theat the 9x18s are modeled after had basically the same set-up. If you are changing chucks a ot its a PITA. But if most of the time you are leaving the chuck on it not a problem. But I plan on replacing the spindle on mine with one that has an internal 5C collet mount with possibly the 4D Hardinge style spindle nose at some point.
            Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Gary go here: http://www.workholding.com/pdf/s3050%20(in%20s3049).pdf

Second one from the top.

Comment

Thanks for the link.
                Gary

Comment

Originally posted by philbur
                  The stud hole dimeter of 21mm on the Short Taper with bayonet Fitting Din 55022 size no. 3 (second table) is clearly wrong.

Just a thought
                  Phil
                  MMMM?.......... well unless my eyes are more shot than I think they are Rohm made the same mistake.

Comment

Interesting, I have what I thought was a DIN 55022 no.3 spindle as it doesn't have the inner bolt circle of the other 2. Maybe I should have looked at the table and not just the pretty pictures. The outer bolt circle holes are 10.5mm. so it would seem that I have a DIN 55021. Sorry my mistake.

Phil

Originally posted by Limy Sami
                    MMMM?.......... well unless my eyes are more shot than I think they are Rohm made the same mistake.

Comment

No problem Phill, we all make em, in fact they're my speciality
                      Take care.

Comment

I hope Gary does not mind if I extend this thread a bit to ask about another DIN spindle. In this case a milling machine spindle - DIN 2079. This has an ISO 40 taper, but my question is concerning the tenon retaining threads. I think they are M6 , but this feels a bit tight. Can anyone confirm, or better still provide a source for a drawing?
                        Bill

Comment

I don't mind. It is all about learning something new.
                          Gary

Comment

I don't have the DIN standard but here is an extract from the ISO standard:

Phil

Originally posted by willmac
                            I hope Gary does not mind if I extend this thread a bit to ask about another DIN spindle. In this case a milling machine spindle - DIN 2079. This has an ISO 40 taper, but my question is concerning the tenon retaining threads. I think they are M6 , but this feels a bit tight. Can anyone confirm, or better still provide a source for a drawing?

Comment

Thanks Phil- M6 looks good. Does anyone know where suitable tenons can be obtained? I guess I could make some but buying would be easier and quicker.
                              Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X