Random workshop picture thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random workshop picture thread

Here is a thread you can post a random picture taken in your workshop..

Here is mine....A TC grinder set up to sharpen a slitting saw.

Precision takes time.

My bandsaw sawing some structual for bumpers. 1st cut it made after purchasing it

Comment

You didn't even clean it up before using it. :-)
      ...lew...

Comment

My first and most important tool - carried daily for 58 years now:

Ok, like Lassie, there have been successors, so this isn't really the first - that one got lost at a beach keg party in Santa Barbara, 1963.

One of my newest - an hour meter on the shop light circuit:

It now reads around 530, indicating that I spend about 20 hours a week there.

From the kitchen to the shop:

Where workbench space really comes from:

Cheers,

Frank Ford
        HomeShopTech

Comment

Originally posted by Ringer
          Here is a thread you can post a random picture taken in your workshop..

Here is mine....A TC grinder set up to sharpen a slitting saw.

love the faux paint job to look like cracked stone! very creative.

Comment

the grandson leading me through the wood shop to show me what he has been working on with his pry bar. now there are only one of the pair of end tables i have been working on. he was making fire wood for grandma.

my #1 hobby

needed a piece of plate for a project in a hurry. can u guess where it came from?

Comment

Not at home shop, but the owner is nice enough to let me work on my own stuff after hours.
              Before paint

Getting a little more organized
              Mike

Comment

Cutting some 20 tooth change gears for the South Bend 9"-10K lathes.

Comment

Cutting 127 tooth

Comment

Cutting 127

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Andrews
                      love the faux paint job to look like cracked stone! very creative.
                      yeah, he should paint over the "C"

all the best.markj

Comment

Doc.
                        Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Facing up some fabricated marine engine mounting feet. These are someone's homebrew effort done some years ago, good solid fabrications but because they weren't machined after welding nothing was flat and eventually all the studs holding them to the sides of the crankcase had sheared.

One of the feet upside down in the mill, facing the bottom mounting face:-

The top corner should register against a narrow lip on the side of the crankcase. It didn't, I had to build up the corner with weld and reface it:-

Then the face which bolts to the side of the crankcase had to be done:-

All done without disturbing the setup on the mill table.

Finally some new double-ended studs in 5/8" Whitworth had to be made up:-

Tim

Comment

Muffler furnace. We use it for D2 forging and also some heat treating.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ford
                              My first and most important tool - carried daily for 58 years now:

Ok, like Lassie, there have been successors, so this isn't really the first - that one got lost at a beach keg party in Santa Barbara, 1963.
                              I have a Swiss Army knife, a Wenger, that my brother bought for me years ago when he was touring Europe. I used to carry it everywhere but after almost loosing it once, I only use it around the house.

Originally posted by Frank Ford

One of my newest - an hour meter on the shop light circuit:

It now reads around 530, indicating that I spend about 20 hours a week there.
                              I am building (almost done) a heavily insulated room inside my garage that has my lathe and mill in it. I will be heating it electrically since I heat the house with propane and the costs are fairly equivalant.

Since there doesn't seem to be a 240 kill-a-watt, I need a way to tell how much the heat is costing me. I live in Northern Michigan and it gets cold and stays cold.

A hour meter would work if I tie it into the line voltage thermostat and then do the math running my 1500 W baseboard heater. You gave me just the solution I needed.

Where did you get your meter?

Clutch

Comment

Working...
                              X