Cnc Skull Iges File??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cnc Skull Iges File??

I am placing aluminumn sheets over my new shop windows. I wanted to engrave on a CNC MILL a pattern of a Human skull on the Akluminumn Plates. I was just going to mill straight through the aluminumn sheet so when there was a light (LED of Course) behind it it would have a erie Glow and hopefully scare away Kids. LOL Yeah I know they gonna steal it LOL. Anyhow where would I find a program that I could use or convert into a cad \cam file like mastercam and do this ??Thanx Guys (Nesw shops coming) Im gonna apply myself and try to post some pics.

Wow---You really are a Madman, aren't ya!!! Let me know how tall you want the skull to be and I'll do up a quick design for you and send you an .iges file.----Brian
    Brian Rupnow
    Design engineer
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I disagree... the carved skulls will draw the lil heathens in to steal them..

A real skull in a window sill will make them really have something to think about as they climb through the window.

Do you have Mach3? if so, it has a jpg to cut file convertor.. or Ace convertor for dxf files? you can scan into a dxf.. or?? I can rig you up with a software package I wrote ten years ago that you can draw with the end mill, and it saves the movements to a file.. It was rather hazardous to geckos thou.
      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawai
        I disagree... the carved skulls will draw the lil heathens in to steal them..

A real skull in a window sill will make them really have something to think about as they climb through the window.

Do you have Mach3? if so, it has a jpg to cut file convertor.. or Ace convertor for dxf files? you can scan into a dxf.. or?? I can rig you up with a software package I wrote ten years ago that you can draw with the end mill, and it saves the movements to a file.. It was rather hazardous to geckos thou.
        A real skull would be just as tempting a target. Go purchase a couple of motion sensing light fixtures and a couple of screw in light bulb sockets, the kind with the plug in on the side, and replace the light bulbs with them. Now you have a motion sensing switch. Get a recording of the biggest, meanest dog snarling and growling that you can and plug the tape player into the light socket. When something trips the motion sensor the "guard dog" wakes up and goes on duty. No more unwanted visitors. Add to the illusion by putting up a beware of dog sign or two around the place.

Comment

"Do you have Mach3? if so, it has a jpg to cut file convertor....."

Never knew this, can you expand on it?

P/R

Comment

Ha Ha

I like the Dog Idea. I been lucky so far. Only one unauthorized removal of property from my backyard and I shouldnt of left it outside. My fault. Thanx to all for the help Thanx again my computer skills really need a upgrading big time.

Comment

Dawai

You got a xtra large size skull alyin around you wanna trade for something? Cutters perhaps?

Comment

Here ya go---this link should get you the .iges file.
                http://www.mediafire.com/?1cwmg2dnqoc
                Last edited by brian Rupnow; 10-21-2009, 03:26 PM.
                Brian Rupnow
                Design engineer
                Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Here is a skull in DXF, You might need to clean it up a bit depending on what you do. I would just engrave it on a big piece of lexan that has been painted black first. Use a ball nose cutter and then bolt the Lexan where you want it and edge light it with some LEDS set in holes drilled in the top edge. It will be impossible to steal and indestructible.

http://ixian.ca/pics6/skull2.dxf

Where the heck did Brian's post come from? It wasn't there 10 minutes ago. This isn't the first time this has happened.
                  Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Brian's was edited.
                    Are replies that are in the process of being edited visible to everyone else while the poster has it pulled up for edit?

That's something I've wondered about.
                    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Be sure to post a picture when your finished.

You won't want to put it up until after halloween, unless your plan on handing out candy. : )

Hal

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                        Here is a skull in DXF, You might need to clean it up a bit depending on what you do. I would just engrave it on a big piece of lexan that has been painted black first. Use a ball nose cutter and then bolt the Lexan where you want it and edge light it with some LEDS set in holes drilled in the top edge. It will be impossible to steal and indestructible.
                        Interesting idea. Is this based on some kind of total internal reflection where the light only escapes where you've made the cut?
                        Does the rest of the surface even need to be painted to achieve this effect?
                        Should the edges be silvered? (with foil)
                        What should be the surface finish of the grooves to achieve the best effect?

Comment

A friend of mine drew this skull. I don't have it in CAD, but I thought I'd post it as I thought it was quite effective.

Peter

Comment

Pretty Cool Skulls

Thanx a Lot Brian Evan. i am going to post pictures when done. Will (sorry Evan)get evan to forward perhaps for mje. I gottah find some sneak in time at the old shop fior cnc milling work. What would you use for engraving? Tool wise?? your eopinions please? thanx Guys

Comment

Working...
                            X