Will a 3/8x16 NSC fit a 3/8x16 BSW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a 3/8x16 NSC fit a 3/8x16 BSW

OK I have a 3/8 x 16 NSC Drawbar and have my eye on a 3/8 x 16 BSW tool. I looked up both dimensions and it looks to be a 5 degree difference in thread angle. BSW is 55 degrees where NSC is 60 degrees.

Would I have any ill effects that would come from using this tooling with the drawbar?

Im just starting out in the metal working arena and learning as I go, Thanks for the help.

My guess is if you have a long handled drawbar wrench, You will not even notice the differance
    Mel

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
    Oregon Coast

Comment

Not going to work unless you can run a 3/8-16NC tap through the BSW thread.OR make a special 3/8-16 BSW drawbar for that tool.
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

The combination will likely damage the drawbar.

Comment

The practical truth is the errors on commercial threads are that great both will fit each other and screw on with your fingers.

There is a difference and in theory they won't fit, doesn't happen in real world on commercial bought items.

Only one that does have a problem is 1/2" x 12 Whitworth is one pitch different to 1/2" x 13 UNC.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Working...
          X