Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used or Surplus Hydraulic Cylinder Source

Hi All,

Anyone know of a good source for used or truly surplus hydraulic cylinders? I'm modifying a rear blade on a tractor to have hydraulic angle and shift control and know that I've seen a catalog of really inexpensive cylinders someplace (same place had pumps, gearboxes, and all kinds of other surplus stuff, not just hydraulics). All I've found online so far are the "surplus" places selling $100 and up cylinders.

Are there any places that have REALLY good prices? And maybe will have all the rest of the fittings and hoses, too?

I'm looking for two, 2" or less bore cylinders with about 8" of stroke, that are 16" to 20" closed dimension. Clevis/Clevis ends.

Thanks in advance.
    Mike P
    1919 13" South Bend Lathe
    1942 Bridgeport M-head Mill

Surplus Center. I've never bought hydraulics from them, but I've gotten loads of other stuff. Their prices seem pretty reasonable to me.
    Stuart de Haro

Comment

Princess auto is the only place I know of that sells hydrolics, and there cylinders basicly start at $100. Pnumatic start at $20 but I doubt thats gonna do ya any good.
      Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

How exactly do these cylinders work.?Alistair
        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Item number 9-5439 at Surplus Center seems to be what you want. $44.95 each.

Comment

I think Surplus Center will work out pretty well. I.m pretty sure that's the exact place I had an old paper catalog from! The cyclinder Chriskat suggested is close, but I found a similar one with clevis ends to attach to a 1/2" plate with a hole in it.

The cylinders will control the blade pivot, which is currently a pin that you pull out, swivel the blade around to where you want it, and drop the pin back in the a hole in a big indexing disc. The entire rearward facing boom has a pivot also, that allows you to shift the blade from side to side about 2' and uses a fixed length link in a couple of holes along the boom.

One cylinder from the boom to the blade head will control the pivot, the other cylinder from the 3pt frame up by the tractor out to the boom will control the side-to-side shift of the boom (and blade).

My one set of outputs on the tractor will power both cylinders by using an A-B selector switch mounted up on the top of the 3pt tractor mount part of the thing. Flip the lever to A, adjust the pivot, flip the lever to B, adjust the boom side-to-side. The hydraulic lever on the tractor is the fluid control into the selector switch.

Thanks!!
            Mike P
            1919 13" South Bend Lathe
            1942 Bridgeport M-head Mill

Comment

Groban Supply: http://www.groban.com/Home.html

I've only bought electrical from them but it was always 1st rate unused milspec still sealed, they always have a 2 page ad in Boats and Harbors and there's always hydraulics on there. Thinking back I have bought some valves and cylinders there maybe 15 years ago and they were fine, still in use. Good prices and I always got the impression it was Mrs. Groban answering the phone.
              http://www.boats-and-harbors.com/onlinePub.html Neat website
              Last edited by jmm360; 10-24-2009, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X