This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT threads on PM

There was two threads on PM that was very irritating. Don posted about not liking to talk to foreigners that he could not understand. Me and some others pointed out it was his problem and I told him to quit using the phone. Since I didn't say what he wanted to hear he went off on me.

The other post was about questions posted on the site that went astray or did not get the answer the poster wanted. He chimed in with his always venomous posts to me and others.

Well, I have had enough of Don and his acidic remarks and since he is better than anyone else and knows everything I told him what to do with him and his site. I will not go back to his site any more.

I don't know what has happened to him and his site in the past year but he and it has changed drastically in the past year. I would much rather be here and at the Home Machinist than anywhere. It's not the other posters on his site that have changed but Don has gotten more caustic than before for some reason.

I deleted his site from my favorites and will no longer post there which will make Don very happy and me too.

Thank you for allowing me to vent about Don and I hope I can have a good relationship here with all of you.
    It's only ink and paper

When I get phone calls in heavily Hindi accented British English asking "may I peleese speek to Eben Willims" I answer "no" and hang up. Problem solved. If I am in the shop I don't answer the phone at all.

A good friend of mine had a trick he used with his 5 daughters. He had a hidden switch that turned off the phone signal to the one phone in the house with a ringer (it was in his shop).
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

When I had the dedicated fax line it was the only line that was in the book.
      The house line, Gets own and the shop line are both ex-directory, in fact the business isn't listed in any directory or agency, no phone listed, no sign up other than on the truck and that's to stop getting pulled in roadside checks, they always pull the plain vans first, so like all the best whore I'm ex-directory.

So we used to get calls on the fax line, if busy just ignore it as no one called on them, if slack or just wanting a laugh I used to answer in a croaky voice "hello? "

then I get some guy, usually from abroad trying to give me a new mobile phone.
      I used to tell them I had a phone and why did I need a new one and they slowed right down to tell me it was a mobile phone.
      After 10 minutes explaining about new contracts I's ask again why i needed one because I had the one I was speaking on.
      Finally when I'd had enough i say I don't want a mobile, I don't getout.
      "I'm 84 you know "

End of conversation.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Carld, I have to agree with you on Don. He is more caustic lately and with his attitude a real turn off. I rarely go on PM except for the Haas section. The guy has 29,000+ plus posts. Does he really have that much to say or have any quality to add when he posts? Some people just seem to have to be heard and let everyone know their opinion. You would think he could turn some of his time into something useful like selling equipment.

P/R

Comment

Carld,
          Paula of South Bend in PM and Don must exchange ideas on how to be caustic and generally aggravating. If she doesn't like your post it goes into the crapper without so much as a kiss my butt. I don't go there anymore either. I know I have some stupid ideas and questions at times but they aren't meant to be stupid, I just come across that way, sometimes. I got CMC real bad here lately. (Can't 'Member Crap) And it ain't gettin' any better, either.

As Sir John would say, "I'll get me coat"

Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by pressurerelief
            The guy has 29,000+ plus posts. Does he really have that much to say or have any quality to add when he posts?

P/R
            Remind you of anyone on here ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
              Mmpf..heh heh, shame on you, John.... giggle..
              Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
              ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

When I get an Indian Help Desk Operator from some 1-800 number I immediately ask to be transfered to an American Help Desk operator

It isn't worth wasting my time attempting to disseminate their accent

Comment

The only thing I did was point out that he was whining about something he could change by removing his phone number but he wanted to continue whining about how he could not understand what they said. As far as I can determine he don't want the truth, just someone to agree with him.

The past 6 months I have found more interesting threads here and better posts than PM has had for over a year. I considered just not going there several times but he finally convinced me to leave. He is happy and I am extremely happy.

I wish Don well but he does have a problem, at least I think he does. Other opinions may vary.
                  It's only ink and paper

Comment

Yep. Somebody who has been trying to catch up for years. Lotsa luck.

Comment

Hmmmm...I guess I'm old and have developed a little more patience with people. It may take a second or two but I can usually figure out what they are saying and we can communicate just fine. The really nice thing about this is I usually get what I want and they usually get what they want. And life goes on....
                      Last edited by Mike Burdick; 10-23-2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                        Yep. Somebody who has been trying to catch up for years. Lotsa luck.
                        Whooooooooooshhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Burdick
                          Hmmmm...I guess I'm old and have a developed a little more patience with people. It may take a second or two but I can usually figure out what they are saying and we can communicate just fine. The really nice thing about this is I usually get what I want and they usually get what they want. And life goes on....
                          Hooray for positive inter-personal relations!

Comment

AN ENGLISHMAN, roused by a Scot's scorn of his race, protested that he was born an Englishman and hoped to die an Englishman. 'Man,' scoffed the Scot, 'Hiv ye nae ambition?'

Comment

I'm on the "don't call list" (USA). Yep...works 99.9% of the time, and I'm particularly rude to those that ignore it, including the idiot political calls that say they are "exempt" (they are, but..)

Comment

Working...
                              X