Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dr pepper
    replied
    Well I never, theres allways someone else who knows more.

I have seen the vid on the fire station light bulb, it was on tv here in the uk a while back, I see now though that theres a camera on it, does someone want to be the first to see it blow or something.

Leave a comment:

• aboard_epsilon
    replied
    i like this story

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

all the best.markj

Leave a comment:

• John Stevenson
    replied
    Originally posted by Doozer
    Edison would turn over in his grave if he read this.
    --Doozer
    A new form of motive power ?

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    Mazda was GE's name for Edison light bulbs.
    Absolutely nothing to do with the car maker.
    That would be silly.
    Edison would turn over in his grave if he read this.
    --Doozer

Leave a comment:

• dr pepper
    replied
    mazda also made valves.

Another interesting thing is that toyota as you know make cars, toyoda the same firm makes lathes and miniature robots, I used to visit garrett turbo chargers, they used them to make the bush bearings, the robots loaded and unloaded the lathes.

Leave a comment:

• John Stevenson
    replied
    They used to run some quite catchy advert here for these bulbs with emphasis on them lasting longer.

Can't find any video's but did fine this excerpt.

Mazda Light Bulbs (2)

(Two nightshift workers are taking their break. One of them is reading a book)
    Worker 1: ’ey, ’ere … listen … listen to this!
    Lord Clemston gazed upon Lucretia’s loveliness. Her milky white shoulders were ablaze in the moonlight. Lord Clemston wrapped his thickly muscled arms around her delicate waist and whispered in her ear … (the light bulb pops) … I can’t see!
    Worker 2: Lord Clemston was blind?
    Voice-over: It’s time you changed your bulbs to Mazda! Mazda longer-life bulbs last 33 per cent longer than ordinary bulbs!

Leave a comment:

• chief
    started a topic And you thought MAZDA was a car.

And you thought MAZDA was a car.

OT, but interesting.
    This website is for sale! oldchristmaslights.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, oldchristmaslights.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_(light_bulb)
Working...
X