Starting them young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alguy
    Nice pics you will have even better memories in years to come.
    And something to embarrass her with at her 21st
    Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
    Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
    Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

OK,

I have been looking for safety glasses and gloves for her, and my other daughter. They love driving in nails. They are not easy to find, even harder to explain what they are for.

"Yeah i need some glasses for my 2 yr and 4 yr old so they can work in the garage" Yup Daddy of the year award coming my way. Alot of people don't get it.

As for the vice, i have the same concerns. I am never far and i want to teach them (my girls) that tools in the garage are dagerous and should be treated with respect.

The milk crate is pretty strong and has a large surface area so even if she was to push on it, it could roll 90° before it was to fall on the floor.

And guys you are correct. They are awesome memories and i wanted to share them with those that have the same intrests as me

Thank-you all for your kind words.

Rob

Comment

Cute as can be,better watch out though,before long you may have to wait inline to use your B-port
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

No intention to pee on your parade Rob but we both know that sh*t happens and in the event of a "Happening" you would NEVER forgive YOURSELF let alone the sweet young thing you married turning into a Fewkin Banshee if you managed to let one of her brood injure itself.

As a matter of interest, wife saw picture and didn't make a muff, she belives in letting the little buggers graze their knees.

Regards Ian.
          You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

That was me a long time ago. The look on her face, especially in the second picture, seems to me that she's intently absorbing something- put some other things out for her to 'find'- safe things of course.
            I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Rob
              not sure where you are located, but have seen child safetys at I think it was woodcraft. looking on their website, however -- nada

check http://www.google.com/#hl=en&ei=bMns...148470ea1f7ec2

Originally posted by spkrman15
              OK,

I have been looking for safety glasses and gloves for her, and my other daughter. They love driving in nails. They are not easy to find, even harder to explain what they are for.

Rob

Comment

Silencio used to make kids-sized shooting (safety) glasses and ear muffs that came in a combo pak. Might want to have your local gunshop check on them.
                David Kaiser
                “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
                ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Plastic crate? In my shop these are known as "precision painting parallels".

Comment

Originally posted by spkrman15
                    I have been looking for safety glasses and gloves for her, and my other daughter.
                    These are popular here in Sweden:
                    http://www.peltor.se/int/Product.asp...&Product_Id=73

They have some kind of smaller spectacles as well, but they may be big for smaller children I guess:
                    http://www.peltor.se/int/Product.asp...Product_Id=207

Comment

Has she got her union card yet, you don't want the local rep down on you for use illegal labor.
                      The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Loose nut

Too funny

She spent all morning crying to go into the garage. I had some grinding to do, so she had to wait. Finally my wife came and got me.

"She has been crying for 30 mins. Take her out!"

I have created a monster!!

Rob

Comment

Working...
                        X