• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spkrman15
    replied
    Loose nut

Too funny

She spent all morning crying to go into the garage. I had some grinding to do, so she had to wait. Finally my wife came and got me.

"She has been crying for 30 mins. Take her out!"

I have created a monster!!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• loose nut
    replied
    Has she got her union card yet, you don't want the local rep down on you for use illegal labor.

Leave a comment:

• jihe
    replied
    Originally posted by spkrman15
    I have been looking for safety glasses and gloves for her, and my other daughter.
    These are popular here in Sweden:

They have some kind of smaller spectacles as well, but they may be big for smaller children I guess:

Leave a comment:

• lwbates
    replied
    Plastic crate? In my shop these are known as "precision painting parallels".

Leave a comment:

• 38_Cal
    replied
    Silencio used to make kids-sized shooting (safety) glasses and ear muffs that came in a combo pak. Might want to have your local gunshop check on them.

Leave a comment:

• fredf
    replied
    Rob
    not sure where you are located, but have seen child safetys at I think it was woodcraft. looking on their website, however -- nada

check http://www.google.com/#hl=en&ei=bMns...148470ea1f7ec2

Originally posted by spkrman15
    OK,

I have been looking for safety glasses and gloves for her, and my other daughter. They love driving in nails. They are not easy to find, even harder to explain what they are for.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• darryl
    replied
    That was me a long time ago. The look on her face, especially in the second picture, seems to me that she's intently absorbing something- put some other things out for her to 'find'- safe things of course.

Leave a comment:

• Circlip
    replied
    No intention to pee on your parade Rob but we both know that sh*t happens and in the event of a "Happening" you would NEVER forgive YOURSELF let alone the sweet young thing you married turning into a Fewkin Banshee if you managed to let one of her brood injure itself.

As a matter of interest, wife saw picture and didn't make a muff, she belives in letting the little buggers graze their knees.

Regards Ian.

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Cute as can be,better watch out though,before long you may have to wait inline to use your B-port

Leave a comment:

• spkrman15
    replied
    OK,

I have been looking for safety glasses and gloves for her, and my other daughter. They love driving in nails. They are not easy to find, even harder to explain what they are for.

"Yeah i need some glasses for my 2 yr and 4 yr old so they can work in the garage" Yup Daddy of the year award coming my way. Alot of people don't get it.

As for the vice, i have the same concerns. I am never far and i want to teach them (my girls) that tools in the garage are dagerous and should be treated with respect.

The milk crate is pretty strong and has a large surface area so even if she was to push on it, it could roll 90° before it was to fall on the floor.

And guys you are correct. They are awesome memories and i wanted to share them with those that have the same intrests as me

Thank-you all for your kind words.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Peter.
    replied
    Originally posted by Alguy
    Nice pics you will have even better memories in years to come.
    And something to embarrass her with at her 21st

Leave a comment:

• John Stevenson
    replied
    Originally posted by dockrat
    Hmmmmm am I missing sumpin John or are ya running a third rail??? 97 just don't compute. LOL
    Right, looks like we gave too many away

Leave a comment:

• Alguy
    replied
    Nice pics you will have even better memories in years to come.

Leave a comment:

• dockrat
    replied
    Originally posted by John Stevenson
    The loco wheel is about 85mm in diameter, 3-1/2" ? and 5/16" thick, they have no tread on them just the detail work is done as they are not needed for anything unless I was building a 4 - 97 -108 - 4 loco
    Hmmmmm am I missing sumpin John or are ya running a third rail??? 97 just don't compute. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Black_Moons
    replied
    Yea come on you would'nt work on a plastic crate! shes old enough for her own (Securely bolted or weighed down by all your extra heavy goodies on the bottom shelf) workbench!

More humian work conditions for child labour!! (pickets outside spkrman's house)

Don't forget to find some glasses for her and that hammer. They arnt very strong yet but impacts are impacts and could send something flying. and its a good thing to get them used to at an early age.

Plus, adults love to blow dust outta the way.. Usally right into thier eyes..
    Err did I say adults? sorry I meant teenagers err sorry I mean kids err ok I mean everyone

Leave a comment:

Working...
X