X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Stevenson
    replied
    Originally posted by beckley23
    The 10EE has a #12 Jarno taper in the spindle, don't know about the CVA.
    Harry
    Sounds about right, I know it's a weird one. I think they more or less copied the 10EE, some guy in the States buys up the steadies on Ebay UK when they appear and sells them as 10EE steadies in the US for X 3 what he paid

I got the converter taper from #12 Jarno to #2 Morse with mine but I made another with #3 Morse in it

Leave a comment:

• beckley23
    replied
    The 10EE has a #12 Jarno taper in the spindle, don't know about the CVA.
    Harry

Leave a comment:

• lazlo
    replied
    John, your inbox is full...

Leave a comment:

• John Stevenson
    replied
    D1-3 for the chuck and something like a short jarno taper in the headstock.

Better pics and details here.

Leave a comment:

• Peter.
    replied
    Originally posted by MrSleepy
    What type of chuck fitting / spindle nose do cva's have?..
    The guy said it was either a D1-3 or D1-4 camlock.

Leave a comment:

• MrSleepy
    Guest replied
    What type of chuck fitting / spindle nose do cva's have?..
    Last edited by ; 11-01-2009, 03:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Timleech
    replied
    Originally posted by derekm
    The weight is so I know it wont get wet :0
    Weight is about 1.5 tons

Tim

Leave a comment:

• derekm
    replied
    The weight is so I know it wont get wet :0

Leave a comment:

• derekm
    replied
    This look good to replace my bendy barker bar bed.... any ideas on LOA and weight?

Leave a comment:

• Mark McGrath
    replied
    I too thought it was not a great paint job as the plates were left in an original condition which contrasts badly.
    Like Tim Leech I also have doubts that it will reach top speed with only 2hp.I knew a guy with a 2hp motor on one and he struggled to get 1500 rpm.
    Mark.

Leave a comment:

• Peter N
    replied
    Originally posted by loose nut
    Why is a CVA or 10EE so cheap when compared to a Myford Super 7, which while they are an excellent lathe are not in the 19EE class by a long shot. I don't know what they cost new in Britain but I have seen them for sale here for close to $13000.00.
    As John said it's a size thing.
    Most model engineers look at a CVA and think it's much too big for their shed/single garage*, so go for a smaller "trusted" make or an import.

* It is too big for mine (I only have room for a stubby 20" b/c lathe)

Leave a comment:

• John Stevenson
    replied
    Originally posted by loose nut
    Why is a CVA or 10EE so cheap when compared to a Myford Super 7, which while they are an excellent lathe are not in the 19EE class by a long shot. I don't know what they cost new in Britain but I have seen them for sale here for close to $13000.00.
    Two people can pick a Myford up and put it on a bench, as regards why the CVA is so cheap I can't answer that but I'm just grateful they are

I wasn't being funny when I say that the Colchester will fetch double the money, some makes, Myford, Bridgeport, Colchester seem to have a popular mystique about them when there are far better machines that usually go cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• loose nut
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lazlo
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter.
    I'm really tempted to buy that, but it looks almost too clean, as if there's something to hide.
    It's been recently repainted with a brush. A freshly repainted machine tool is almost always a bad sign...

Leave a comment:

• motorworks
    replied
    Blaspheme on the board again.
    You guys better be Bowing your head when you say COLCHESTER.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X